Order statuses

The KB on this is distinctly lacking.

[url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

I cannot find any detail on what the various status actually do within the cart.

e.g. Completed v’s Processed on their default are almost identical settings apart from Change gift certificate status. Both are set to decrease inventory is it doing this twice or does the cart know it has already done it once.

But there is no information on what these do behind the scenes, both fire off an invoice email to the customer (no need for more than one invoice if all you want is to advise them that their order has been shipped).

No information on what the Invoice/Credit memo options actually are.

Anyone got a good knowledge of this?

Processed is generally for credit card transactions. It means that a response from the gateway was received and the transaction was accepted.

Completed is usually set by hand when other types of transactions are involved, such as COD, purchase orders, etc.

Thanks for the reply.

OK so what about the options for

Invoice/Credit memo:

It would be nice to create a status of ‘Shipped’ where the purchaser receives a notification email but not the entire invoice again.

Any idea what the various Invoice/Credit memo: options are?

Default - ?

Invoice - Self explanatory

Credit Memo - ?

Order - ?

Hi :slight_smile:

The best thing I did was create my own user account, place an order and play with changing the settings from Complete to Failed to Pending etc. Seeing what that does to the stock qty, order totals, what messages I get and how often etc.

EG Complete & Pending will decrease the stock, but not twice etc

In my case I made sure Complete removed all Credit Card Info from the sale for security etc

If you go to EDIT you can get an idea of the effects of the Status.

I created my own Statuses as well: Approval / Hold etc

With suitable ‘information’ emailed out to the customer.

You can choose whether the stock is reduced or increased.

Whether the customer gets emailed at all.

Some areas I don’t use at all eg Backordered

Just spend some time playing with it on a sample order you do :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘GNI’]Hi :slight_smile:

The best thing I did was create my own user account, place an order and play with changing the settings from Complete to Failed to Pending etc. Seeing what that does to the stock qty, order totals, what messages I get and how often etc.

Just spend some time playing with it on a sample order you do :)[/QUOTE]

The thing is though that if the KB was comprehensive then it would not be necessary for every CS cart user to waste time learning the functions via trial and error, also now that my shop is open I am reluctant to start mucking around with creating and cancelling orders and resetting the invoice numbers just in case i lose existing customer order data.

It would just be nice to know what the various Invoice/Credit memo: options actually send to the customer.

I have started using the shipment function to notify customers that an order has been sent so that part seems to be covered.

Yes I agree 100% the KB should be clearer!

But even if you play with a sample order.

You can eventually delete it, and reset the invoice numbers at anytime.

I haven’t lost an order yet, and just recently created & tested ‘Approval’ and ‘Hold’ as statuses. So little is really affected in the end.

Where do i reset invoice numbers ?

Have had the site up for testing and would like to start the page live from 0