"Order SMS notifications" add-on for Multi-Vendor

Edited! The Vendor sms notification add-on is available here.

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]Hello friends![/color][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]Several CS-Cart users suggested us to create “order sms notifications” add-on for Multi-Vendor edition (ability for vendors to receive their order notifications via SMS). We like this idea and ready to create such a module but we need to learn how many of you would be interested and ready to buy?[/color][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]Features:[/color][/font][/size][list]

[][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]Every vendor will need to enter his phone number in the admin back-end.[/color][/font][/size]

[
][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]Ability for vendors to choose whether to receive sms or not.[/color][/font][/size]

[][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]In the general add-on settings Store owner (main admin) will need to type in sms service provider information (username, password, API id).[/color][/font][/size]

[
][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]Once an order with a product of a certain vendor is placed, vendor will get an sms with order_id and custom text written by admin.[/color][/font][/size]

[/list]

[size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]If several people are interested to buy, we will develop such an add-on. [/color][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]Approximate price is $59 for the add-on with Clickatell integration and additional $40 if you would like to integrate a specific sms service.[/color][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]Waiting for your feedback![/color][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][color=#282828]Best regards, Alt-team[/color][/font][/size]

Would it be possible to have the system set so that it uses only the site admin Clickatell account and not have every vendor getting their own account or maybe a different sms provider or maybe a sms forwarding system if it exist? Could you set it up so that each vendor click what info they like to receive in their sms notification and get them for certain products, categories, price range etc only.

Hope you can make it work for 2.2… version.

Thanks,

D.

Hello Belzibot!

This add-on will use only one sms service provider (Clickatell by default or any other by request), Clickatell settings (or the settings of other sms service) will be available to site admin only.

As for possibility for vendores to [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]click what info they like to receive in their sms notification, i[/font][/color]t is possible to do[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif] but not in the first add-on version, sorry. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Now we would like to learn how many people are interested in the add-on that will send sms notifications to vendors about the placed order. Then, we will develop and test this add-on and offer it for sale. After that, we will be glad to add more features if they are necessary for the add-on users.[/font][/color]

Sure the add-on will be compatible with 2.2.x.

Best regards, Alt-team

I am definitely interested! thanks :)

Hello everyone!

The add-on “Vendor sms notification” with the features described in the first post is ready for sale!

Current price is $59.

You are welcome to read all details and purchase the add-on on this page.

Feel free to ask any questions!

Best regards, Alt-team

good job alt-team!

Is it also $59 for v2.2.4? I noticed only 3.0.2 is readily available.

and just to clarify, do you need to use only one Clickatell account for all the vendors?

thanks

Mike

Hello buging!

Yes, it is also $59 for CS-Cart Multi-Vendor 2.2.4. You can buy the add-on and leave a comment that you need it for 2.2.4, we will prepare a package for you.

Store admin can use only one Clickatell account for all the Vendors.

Best regards, Alt-team

If vendor change the order status, let say process to shipped, will the member who buy from that vendor get sms notification regarding the status update?

how about if the member buy from multiple vendor?

Hi Vidan, unless I'm wrong, the SMS is not for the customer but for the vendor everytime they get a sale.

Hello!

[quote name='vidan' timestamp='1346832650' post='144322']

If vendor change the order status, let say process to shipped, will the member who buy from that vendor get sms notification regarding the status update?

how about if the member buy from multiple vendor?

[/quote]

Vidan, Belzibot is right. “Vendor sms notification” add-on doesn't send any sms to customers. It allows vendors to get sms notification every time when their product(s) are ordered. We have a separate add-on “Order status sms notifications” that allows to notify customers about the order status. These two add-ons are compatible with each other.

If a member buy from multiple vendor, every vendor whose product is purchased will get an sms that he has an order.

Best regards, Alt-team

I have two more questions

1. Does it matter what clickatell account you have? does it have to be Developers’ Central?
  2. What order status triggers an SMS? (Open, processing?)

thanks,

Mike

[quote name='buging' timestamp='1347198087' post='144625']

1. Does it matter what clickatell account you have? does it have to be Developers’ Central?
  2. What order status triggers an SMS? (Open, processing?)

thanks,

Mike

[/quote]

Hello Mike!

3. It has to be Developers' central, it is necessary to know the following details - API id, Login and Password.
  4. Sms is not connected to any order status. Sms is sent automatically when the order is placed. So, a customer places an order with the vendor product and a vendor gets an sms with the order id.

Best regards, Alt-team

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately that doesnt work for me since I only want the vendors to be notified when they need to fulfil an order (should be in processing status). We have several offline payment methods, so an order may be placed but no action needed from vendor until payment is verified. I hope an option to choose the order status (just like in your other SMS addon) is made available.

Dear Mike,

[quote]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Thank you for the response. Unfortunately that doesnt work for me since I only want the vendors to be notified when they need to fulfil an order (should be in processing status). We have several offline payment methods, so an order may be placed but no action needed from vendor until payment is verified. I hope an option to choose the order status (just like in your other SMS addon) is made available.[/quote][/font][/color]

We will add this functionality(sending sms to vendor by changing order status) in next week.

We will keep you updated.

Thank you.

awsome!

great alt-team, if you can sms by order status, thanks for that.

Will this work for Ultimate 3.0.3?

I would like to only send the SMS notification when I change status to complete and send the tracking number with shipping carrier.

Example:

Tracking Number: 1Z214545454SDF69

Track @ www.fedex.com or www.usps.com

Thanks

Hello websmart!

This add-on is not suitable for Ultimate because it supposes sending sms to vendors only. Do you want to send sms to company mobile phone which is specified on a company page for each storefront?

We can do a modification per your request for Ultimate within our custom development service. With the functionality you described, it will cost approx. $100. Please contact us, if you are interested.

Best regards, Alt-team

Hello everyone!

As promised, we've made changes in “Vendor sms notification add-on”. Now online store administrator can send sms to vendors by order status.

More details can be found here [url=“Vendor sms notification CS-Cart add-on”]http://www.alt-team.com/cs-cart-vendor-sms-notification-add-on.html[/url]

Best regards, Alt-team

Dear Alt-Team,

Is it possible to post specific instructions on how to install the addon? I have a store with no core modifications and yet it seems impossible to install the addon. I even tried with the latest update you have customer_sms_4_3.zip with no luck.

I get a message saying that SMS was sent, but no sms is sent and no credit is charged to my Clickatell account.

I am running v 4.1.2

Thank you a lot in advance.

p.s. I was offered installation by alt-team but we have to give ftp access and it is difficult for us to give access to others.