Order of address fields

Hi All,

New to CS-Cart.

I am in the US and find the way addresses are displyed in the checkout and invoices a little different than I am used to…

Everything seems to be listed in this order…

First name:

Last name:

Address:

Address, line 2:

City:

State/province:

Zip/postal code:

Usually the country is last and not between the city and state, at least here in the US.

First name:

Last name:

Address:

Address, line 2:

City:

State/province:

Zip/postal code:

Is there a simple way to change the order in which they are shown?

Some sort of function?

Thanks,

T-Bone

I think it’s this way because the ‘States’ fields are not populated until you select a Country.

That makes sense, as far as the selection goes.

After the selection is made, is there a way to have it display on invoices and the cart summary with the country last?

Thanks,

TBone

Yes, you can go to Profile Fields in the Admin, and change the display order. It is very flexible.

That seemed to work for the forms and the invoices.

It just didn’t affect the display in the checkout.

See the address in the attached pic to see what I mean.

Is there a file that I could edit to change the way the address shows there?

Thanks!

TBone

checkout1.jpg

oh, it looks like you will need to edit the smarty template that is displaying that.

It should be /skins/your_skin_name/customer/profiles_pages/step_profile_fields.tpl

You can rearrange the fields around Line 70-75.

The way I handled this situation was to rearrange and put the country first and then all of the information after. This gave it a cleaner look without the country being stuck in between.

Thanks for the help.

I think I nailed it.

See attached.

Thank you so very much!!!

TBone

checkout2.jpg

Great to hear!

One more thing, I don’t ship outside the U.S. If that is the case for you, you can hide the Country field from the Profile fields and it will prevent it from displaying as well.