Order Declined

Anyway, anytime I've had a customer scream and holler at me about how their billing information was “correct” regardless of any AVS mismatch… after actually calling their bank and verifying the billing details on file, they found out that they were wrong! What bugs me is that the bank tells their customer that the payment went through, which is true, but if my processor declines it, I'll never see those funds. Eventually the hold will fall back on their account, but their bank sees the hold which is not the same as an authorization and still tells the customer that the merchant took their money which causes so much confusion. That is what really bugs me!!!

[quote name='ckad79' timestamp='1337791052' post='137130']

Anyway, anytime I've had a customer scream and holler at me about how their billing information was “correct” regardless of any AVS mismatch… after actually calling their bank and verifying the billing details on file, they found out that they were wrong! What bugs me is that the bank tells their customer that the payment went through, which is true, but if my processor declines it, I'll never see those funds. Eventually the hold will fall back on their account, but their bank sees the hold which is not the same as an authorization and still tells the customer that the merchant took their money which causes so much confusion. That is what really bugs me!!!

[/quote]

It just happened to us today, one customer placed an order and the transaction was declined due a mismatch of the cc security code. Customer states he tried again and the order went through…on cs cart order page, it says This transaction has been approved but the status of the order is still on declined.

I went to check into our authorize.net page and there is no record of that transaction (yet) order was placed yesterday (sunday)…wonder if it will show up later today, but if it does not, should I tell my customer to check with his credit card company again (he says he already did and the cc company told him the transaction went through) or is there a problem with the cs-cart processing orders on my store?

Please advise if you can

Thank you