Options Integrated on Admin Page

OK…this is fairly ambitious, but I think a lot of people might like it

(if I could get it done)

I have been trying to get options for each product and the corresponding inventory to display on a second line on the main “Manage Products” Page.

I have tried a multitude of code combinations, but I can’t seem to get it right.

I just need the option variables and the corresponding inventory to appear under the item description as well as the price to change when that option is selected (if its available)

SAMPLE

It already does this on the front end for each product (as well as when you click “edit” Under Amount in Manage Products assuming you are tracking with options), but the problem I seem to be having is connecting the product ID with its options (all the pages that have these functions have the product ID in the URL).

There are multiple places where this would be helpful.

If you “EDIT” an order, the options show up under the product, but NOT the inventory.

If you have to add inventory, you need to click edit each time (although this isn’t too bad and would require more work if it was possible to do it from the Manage Products Page)

I have identified most of the variables, but I’ll be damned if I can get it to work.

:mad:

[quote name=‘MikeFold’]

It already does this on the front end for each product (as well as when you click “edit” Under Amount in Manage Products assuming you are tracking with options), but the problem I seem to be having is connecting the product ID with its options (all the pages that have these functions have the product ID in the URL).

[/QUOTE]

what about the category listing (when not using multi-column) how it shows all of the options for the products…

aka… products_advanced.tpl

it should be $product.product_options for the tpl var

Luckdragon,

I’ll look there too, maybe I missed a possibility.

I did look in product_details.tpl (which is similiar) on the front end, but I am having trouble getting “front-end” variables to work on the back end.

Thanks for thinking out loud, it helps

:wink:

These are the variants I have determined to be relevant…

relevant codes for inventory template

frpm product_options/mode:inventory

{if $inventory}

{foreach from=$inventory item="i"}

{foreach from=$i.combination item="c" key="k"}

This is the Combination Name (Condition or Grade)
{$product_options.$k.option_name}:

This is the Actual Option (G-VG-F-VF)
{$product_options.$k.variants.$c.variant_name}

(This is the product code)
{$lang.product_code}:
value="{$i.product_code|escape:html}" />

{if $product_inventory == "O"}

(this shows the inventory amount for the option)

rough for me to test, because in my case… none of my products have options :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for looking…

I know I am close, I just have to “tie it all together”

:cool: