Option Combination Help

Ok, I’m having some troubles getting my option combinations set up. I’m sure I’m just missing something stupid, but I just can’t figure it out.

What I am doing is selling fishing jigs. I want the customer to be able to choose whether the want to include a hook or not. This should be pretty simple, but I’m having issues.

This is what I did:

In my settings I have it set to track my inventory

I set up my product with my images, description, etc. I also chose to track the product with options.

I created an option called:

Include Hook

The variants are:

No

Yes

I then went to the option combination “tab” and set them up as:

For No:

Image 1

with an inventory of 100

For Yes:

Image 2

with an inventory of 100

I saved everything and tried to bring it up on the customer side.

When I brought it up I could see my product, but the options don’t work. The price changes, but the images don’t change.

I also can’t see my add to cart button.

The funny thing is that I just tried answering a question about a missing add to cart button and now my site is behaving the exact same way. There must be a problem with my inventory management and there must be an “if” statement somewhere that makes it so if there are no products available it sets my style to display:none;

Anyways, I really feel that I did everything right, but obviously I didn’t. Does anyone have any ideas to what might be wrong.

Also, the site is just on my localhost and isn’t online yet so I don’t have a URL to check out, sorry.

Thanks for your time,

Brandon

I don’t have an answer to your problem but is that the new thing now-a-days…fishing in your own aquarium? :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I have had to fish in my own aquarium before, but this is actually for a whole different site.

The one time I did it, I had a Wrasse that just caused all sorts of problems so I needed to get rid of it. Everytime I tried using a net he would go and hide so I went down to the local sporting good store, purchased some #20 hooks, and small line. I brought the rig home, put on some bait, and caught the fish.

Obviously I’m not a trophy fisherman, but oh well.

Brandon

Did it put up a hell of a fight? How long to reel in? LMAO

Are they applied as Linked Global Options? If so, I had the same problem and it was fixed by clicking Inventory off in the Globla Option - not just on the Product “Track with Options”.

Well Jerry, that did it. I disabled inventory tracking in my main administration settings and left it enabled in my product options and now everything works the way it should.

Does this seem like a bug to you? It does to me. If anyone else agrees that it is a bug than I’ll post this in the bug tracker.

Thanks,

Brandon

That definitely seems like a bug to me. I’m having a problem with my option combinations on a second product now. It worked perfectly fine for one product but the options won’t take on the other… really wierd. If you check out the dev site you’ll see what I’m talking about.

Let’s post a thread in the bug tracker and see if we can get this thing working properly… it’s a great feature.