Opening new store

So I finally installed and with the help of CScart support (atthe cost of 20 credits they charged after fixing it without telling me it was a server issue…) the new 3.04 into a sub directory on my hosting account.

So my questions are:

1. Old Store. Do I just close it and leave the files as they sit?
  2. I just point my domain name to the new directory (original is in root folder)?
  3. Is there anything else I would be missing?

I am pretty sure that is all I need to do, but want to make sure first.

Thanks

Ron

Ron,

This is what I normally do:

1.) Set up the store (upgrade, new store, whatever) in a subfolder (or subdirectory)

2.) Test it

3.) Once I approve (or a client) I then move the old site to a backup folder using the file manager

4.) Then I copy the new site to the root

5.) I change the config.local.php files on both the backup and the live sites so both sites will run

6.) I close the backup store

7.) I then test the live store to be sure everything is correct

8.) After a while, I'll delete the old store

You could probably change those around a bit, but you get the idea. The main thing is to have the backup. If you have the backup and then just copy your new store, you always have something to fall back on.

I hope that helps,

Brandon

Thanks again for your help Brandon. I do appreciate it.

Ron

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1354081709' post='150036']

Ron,

This is what I normally do:

1.) Set up the store (upgrade, new store, whatever) in a subfolder (or subdirectory)

2.) Test it

3.) Once I approve (or a client) I then move the old site to a backup folder using the file manager

4.) Then I copy the new site to the root

5.) I change the config.local.php files on both the backup and the live sites so both sites will run

6.) I close the backup store

7.) I then test the live store to be sure everything is correct

8.) After a while, I'll delete the old store

You could probably change those around a bit, but you get the idea. The main thing is to have the backup. If you have the backup and then just copy your new store, you always have something to fall back on.

I hope that helps,

Brandon

[/quote]

I swapped both. New store works in the root. Old store does not work in the new folder. I adjusted the config.local.php files in both. I checked the htaccess file in oldstores new folder and put in the /newfoldername and still nothing. Cannot get into admin of old store either.