open top tab menu in new window

I would like to open an external link I placed on the top tab menu into a new window. Right now it opens on top of the homepage of the store. Where can I change that target? (from _top to _blank?)

Still looking into this issue…no one ever targeted top menu to an external link opening it in a new page?

Hello cherubrock74,

Thank you for your message.

As far as I understand, you are talking about quick links. In this case some code modifications are required to implement this feature. We would be happy to assist you in this matter within our technical support service. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk if you have support credits or an active support period.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1355300570' post='150973']

Hello cherubrock74,

Thank you for your message.

As far as I understand, you are talking about quick links. In this case some code modifications are required to implement this feature. We would be happy to assist you in this matter within our technical support service. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk if you have support credits or an active support period.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

Wow Pavel, it is that complicate to change the target of a link? I do not mind contacting you guys for support, but this seemed a fairly easy problem to solve if I knew what file controls the link target of the top menu tabs…

I would rather save my credits for more important issues that may arise regarding the store

thank you for the reply

Hello cherubrock74,

Thank you for the reply.

No, this modification is not a complicated one. If you are familiar with HTML and Smarty, you can implement it by yourself by applying necessary code changes to the quick_links.tpl file located in the skins/[CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN]/customer/blocks/static_templates directory of your CS-Cart installation, where [CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN] is an active skin of your storefront. If you want to apply these changes to the top menu as well, you should edit the topmenu_dropdown.tpl file located in the skins/[CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN]/customer/blocks directory of your CS-Cart installation.

Please check it.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1355382097' post='151044']

Hello cherubrock74,

Thank you for the reply.

No, this modification is not a complicated one. If you are familiar with HTML and Smarty, you can implement it by yourself by applying necessary code changes to the quick_links.tpl file located in the skins/[CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN]/customer/blocks/static_templates directory of your CS-Cart installation, where [CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN] is an active skin of your storefront. If you want to apply these changes to the top menu as well, you should edit the topmenu_dropdown.tpl file located in the skins/[CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN]/customer/blocks directory of your CS-Cart installation.

Please check it.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

Hi Pavel

Thanks for the suggestion

I am going to look at the files you indicated in your reply.

Thanks

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1355382097' post='151044'] Hello cherubrock74, Thank you for the reply. No, this modification is not a complicated one. If you are familiar with HTML and Smarty, you can implement it by yourself by applying necessary code changes to the quick_links.tpl file located in the skins/[CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN]/customer/blocks/static_templates directory of your CS-Cart installation, where [CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN] is an active skin of your storefront. If you want to apply these changes to the top menu as well, you should edit the topmenu_dropdown.tpl file located in the skins/[CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN]/customer/blocks directory of your CS-Cart installation. Please check it. Thank you. — Pavel Zyukin CS-Cart Support team [/quote]

Pavel after searching I canont find the file topmenu_dropdown.tpl or quick_links.tpl as you recommeded…

under my skis/basic/customer/blocks directory there is no such directory as static_templates

The directories I have there are:

list_templates

product_list_templates

product_tabs

product_templates

wrapper

Found quick_links.tpl but it is in skins/basic/admin and I do not think is the one I need…

can you please double check and let me know?

Hello cherubrock74,

Thank you for the reply.

I assume that you use CS-Cart version 2.x. In this case you need to check the following files:

skins/[CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN]/customer/top_menu.tpl

skins/[CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN]/customer/top_quick_links.tpl

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1355467343' post='151137']

Hello cherubrock74,

Thank you for the reply.

I assume that you use CS-Cart version 2.x. In this case you need to check the following files:

skins/[CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN]/customer/top_menu.tpl

skins/[CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN]/customer/top_quick_links.tpl

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[/quote]

I found the files thank Pavel.

The menu seems to be already configured to use target _blank for opening the link…

wonder why they are opening on top of the same page…

here is the code in case someone wants to suggest a solution

```php

{* $Id: top_menu.tpl 9353 2010-05-04 06:10:09Z klerik $ *}

{if $top_menu}

{strip}

{foreach from=$top_menu item="m"}

• {$m.item}
    {if $m.subitems}
    {include file="top_menu.tpl" items=$m.subitems top_menu="" dir=$m.param_4}
    {/if}

• {/foreach}

{/strip}

{elseif $items}

{assign var="foreach_name" value="cats_$iter"}
    {foreach from=$items item="_m" name=$foreach_name}

• {$_m.item}
    {if $_m.subitems}
    {include file="top_menu.tpl" items=$_m.subitems top_menu="" dir=$_m.param_4 iter=$smarty.foreach.$foreach_name.iteration+$iter}
    {/if}

• {if !$smarty.foreach.$foreach_name.last}
  •  

• {/if}
    {/foreach}

{/if}
```