One step checkout

Just started using CS-cart and so far i really like this e-commerce software. The one thing i don’t really understand is de one-page-checkout.

Well I understand we need to keep the check-out process as simple as possible. But here the are still a lot of steps and clicks before the order is completed. You even need 2 actions before you can check out as guest!

I would love to see a one step check out. All the information required for the order visible to the user and only one button to confirm the order.

one step checkout proposal.png

The issue is that several/many of the fields in checkout are dependent upon earlier info entered. For instance, shipping stuff is location dependent and sometimes payment provider selection is also location dependent. Also, thing like auto-fill of bill/ship from profile requires the user to login and then the info is pulled from their profile.

Yes, there could be fewer steps or the “future steps” could be visible. But if the info in the “future step” is going to change based on “prior step” information then ti becomes even more confusing for the customer…

Since cs-cart uses AJAX for much of this, there are many round-trips to the server to submit info and retrieve info for display.

Thx for the reply tbirseth. I hadn't really considered the conditional checkout options. Since my focus is only on the Netherlands and Belgium, I only use one company for shipment and one payment service provider. So no need for changes.

I really don't know what would bother customers more. Changing data after input or clicking to continue.

Have a look at the checkout we developed, it looks a lot like your mock up! The checkout is at https://www.directhealthstore.com.au/

[quote name='paul.r' timestamp='1350453674' post='147150']

Have a look at the checkout we developed, it looks a lot like your mock up! The checkout is at [url=“https://www.directhealthstore.com.au/”]https://www.directhealthstore.com.au/[/url]

[/quote]

Wow very nice job.

[quote name='Belzibot' timestamp='1350456227' post='147153']

Wow very nice job.

[/quote]

Thanks - we put a fair bit of effort into it!

Great job, pretty much how i visualized the one step check out.

One Step Checkout addon at One Step Checkout - Simple Layout will solve your problem. It's highly customizable and there are no core file changes.

[quote name='paul.r' timestamp='1350457810' post='147155']

Thanks - we put a fair bit of effort into it!

[/quote]

Says your page is suspended.

[quote name='parodius420' timestamp='1415002463' post='195932']

Says your page is suspended.

[/quote]

Working here at the moment.

Looks like a really cool addon. I would probably like it a little better if it were just one column rather than two so a person can just work through all the fields vertically.

Takes me to this page:

[quote name='parodius420' timestamp='1415078811' post='195989']Takes me to this page:

[/quote]

Sorry, I thought you were talking about the addon from CSCartRocks. Can't help you with the other.

The CS checkout is ok, but there are things that don't carry over; particularly for Guest Checkout. It asks for name and email twice. Why can't the second time it be pre-filled?

Jack

The CS-Cart check out could be much simpler. Every extra step that customers need to take results in a lower conversion. IIRC Flow had his checkout rewritten quite nicely in CS-Cart2.

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1415021343' post='195951']

Working here at the moment.

Looks like a really cool addon. I would probably like it a little better if it were just one column rather than two so a person can just work through all the fields vertically.

[/quote]

The One Step Checkout addon is highly customizable. It has 2 and 3 columns mode. It's 3 columns in the addon demo and you can check 2 columns screen shots at the addon page One Step Checkout - Simple Layout

[quote name='cscartrocks' timestamp='1415153675' post='196064']

The One Step Checkout addon is highly customizable. It has 2 and 3 columns mode. It's 3 columns in the addon demo and you can check 2 columns screen shots at the addon page http://www.cscartroc…p-checkout.html

[/quote]

Wow! I see that now. This is an awesome add-on! Too bad CS-Cart's checkout isn't like this out of the box! This add-on is on my “to buy” list. Thanks!

[quote name='cscartrocks' timestamp='1415153675' post='196064']

The One Step Checkout addon is highly customizable. It has 2 and 3 columns mode. It's 3 columns in the addon demo and you can check 2 columns screen shots at the addon page http://www.cscartroc…p-checkout.html

[/quote]

Looks nice! thank you!!!

One bug: When I select payment option 'credit card' then I can still select' phone ordering' but the 'check' option has disappeared.

[quote name='P-Pharma' timestamp='1415217398' post='196162']

Looks nice! thank you!!!

One bug: When I select payment option 'credit card' then I can still select' phone ordering' but the 'check' option has disappeared.

[/quote]

How to reproduce this? The Check payment option is still there after trying your actions.

[quote name='cscartrocks' timestamp='1415243517' post='196180']

How to reproduce this? The Check payment option is still there after trying your actions.

[/quote]

I was mistaken. Because there is a lot of space between the card holders name and the CVV it visually appears as if this is where the end of the credit card block is. But its not. The check option is below that.

So there is no bug. It would make sense however to reduce the space between these elements.

I will be buying your great addon!

Does your addon include call backs to your server?

[quote name=‘P-Pharma’ timestamp=‘1415278276’ post=‘196251’]

I was mistaken. Because there is a lot of space between the card holders name and the CVV it visually appears as if this is where the end of the credit card block is. But its not. The check option is below that.

So there is no bug. It would make sense however to reduce the space between these elements.

I will be buying your great addon!

Does your addon include call backs to your server?

[/quote]

All of our addons don’t have callbacks and are 100% open source. Thanks! :)