One Single Vendor Commission For Everyone No Vendor Plans

I am currently switching from a woo multivendor store to cs cart. I see vendor plans ect, have read the documentation but don't feel i clearly get it. I simply want to have a 7% commission straight across the board for all vendors. With the ability to set individual vendors commissions myself as the store owner as i offer military discounts of only 3.5% and don't charge non profits a commission at all, they all sell for free is this possible without vendor plans?

I just want it a simple sign up everyone who signs up doesn't have to chose a plan or anything like that. As simple as possible. Not to mention everyone would go for the free and half price plan. I don't charge listing fees or monthly fees just a commission is all, and i don't feel like sifting through vendor plans and finding out for myself who is and who isn't what they say they are.

Thanks in advance!

Adam

The vendor plans are pretty easy. You could setup three plans in about 5 minutes. One general plan no fee and 7% commission, one military plan no fee and 3.5% commission and the third plan = non-profits no fee and 0% commission.

Bill

ezhobbies.com

I see how i can do that but how does that stop joe blow and everyone else from just choosing the free one when they dont qualify?

I see how i can do that but how does that stop joe blow and everyone else from just choosing the free one when they dont qualify?

What if you made those plans hidden, leaving only the 7%-commission plan active? That way applying vendors will only be able to select the 7% plan, and you'll be able to assign other plans yourself as you see fit.

You can also create a menu item that leads applying vendors straight to the application form, skipping the plan selection page. This article describes the process in more detail. Here's the example of the URL that leads straight to the application form:

http://example.com/index.php?dispatch=companies.apply_for_vendor

There is also a way to prevent vendors from switching to other plans themselves.

I hope this helps.

Awesome Thank you for that! I assume the vendor plans is the only way to go and that there isn't a way to just do a straight commission? Again thanks for the documentation.

Adam

Awesome Thank you for that! I assume the vendor plans is the only way to go and that there isn't a way to just do a straight commission? Again thanks for the documentation.

Adam

You're welcome, Adam. Yes, ever since version 4.4.1 the vendor plans are the only way to go.
By the way, you might also find it convenient to assign plans to multiple vendors at once by importing a CSV file.

I appreciate the info sir. Two quick things, one when i am on a vendors account even though i have two of the three vendor plans hidden it still shows that they can change it to the others? The other which doesn't pertain to this is there a documentation on setting up multivendor real time shipping and paypal adaptive payments? I see the documents for normal cs cart i just wasn't sure if it was the same as multi vendor? Anyways again I appreciate the help. I am new to cs cart and just trying to get everything configured

Thanks again

Adam

When I am on a vendors account even though i have two of the three vendor plans hidden it still shows that they can change it to the others?

Yes, the Plan tab still appears even if you forbid vendors from switching to other plans. That way vendors can quickly review the conditions they're selling on.

Is there a documentation on setting up multivendor real time shipping and paypal adaptive payments? I see the documents for normal cs cart i just wasn't sure if it was the same as multi vendor?

The documentation covers both CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor. When the behaviour is different in CS-Cart or Multi-Vendor, the articles usually mention it. Here are the articles about PayPal Adaptive Payments and about real time shipping methods.

Thanks so much for the info sir. It is much appreciated!

Adam