One price shipping

On some products I have I want the shipping to always be one price.

I don’t want the customers address to affect the price.

Unless they live in AL, or HA

How would I do that?

[quote name=‘travisfromlargo’]On some products I have I want the shipping to always be one price.

I don’t want the customers address to affect the price.

Unless they live in AL, or HA

How would I do that?[/QUOTE]

More on shipping and setup at

[url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

[quote name=‘CutRiteFX’]More on shipping and setup at

[url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

Given the above doesn’t address your question at all, I would do it this way:

1. Make the item “free shipping” on the item detail page.
  2. Add a single product option as a radio button (but with only one option) as Shipping.

This will cause the item to automatically include the Shipping Option and it will be added to the item total.

Just my two cents.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Given the above doesn’t address your question at all, I would do it this way:

1. Make the item “free shipping” on the item detail page.
  2. Add a single product option as a radio button (but with only one option) as Shipping.

This will cause the item to automatically include the Shipping Option and it will be added to the item total.

Just my two cents.[/QUOTE]

What the above does do is encourage people to look to the knowledge base and the user manual and not just shooting off a question before doing research. Because the above does in fact points the user to the knowledge base where he could just click on Manual shipping methods and find his answer there.

Thanks for your two cents. Here is a quarter. :slight_smile:

Do we have a dollar, final call? :slight_smile:

Interesting how everyone seems “touchier” during times of recession!

[quote name=‘Struck’]Do we have a dollar, final call? :slight_smile:

Interesting how everyone seems “touchier” during times of recession![/quote]

heh, my attitude never changes :wink:

I’d rather help someone who has attempted to read the manual; and assist them from there. Hate spending time helping people who can’t even navigate the menu correctly :frowning:

[QUOTE]I’d rather help someone who has attempted to read the manual; and assist them from there. Hate spending time helping people who can’t even navigate the menu correctly [/QUOTE]

I actually agree with you 150% Jesse! :wink:

I too have a very big pet pieve in responding to a post for a question asking how to do something in which CS-Cart has already written a book defining an exact solution in the CS-Cart manual for example. Let’s face it, most of us are already running a business and try to donate whatever amount of extra free time we may have, so it is difficult to find the time to write another book which has already been written. Oh well, life goes on! :wink:

PS: My all time favorite is when someone tracks me down from a previously used cart forum realizing that I have switched carts & procedes to ask me to provide them with all of the pros & cons between the cart I left VS. the newly chosen cart…LOL I do always try to find the time to help them, however, it most likely took me months of reading, testing, installing, uninstalling, let’s give it one more shot, etc, etc, etc to make a final decision! Apparently knowone else wants to go through that Hell, go figure!

I totally agree, Struck, and that’s why even as a new user of CS-Cart with my store not even live yet, I try to exhaust all avenues of searching before posting a question to the forums asking for help. I spend hours figuring out things so why can’t others spend the same time before asking? I know people want a quick fix or answer these days but, come on, the rest of us had to spend our time researching and testing so why they feel exempt from doing that themselves is beyond me!

I think this forum is great and I always get help when I need it. Thanks to everyone who spends their time away from their business answering questions on here - I, for one, greatly appreciate it but I don’t think any newbie should expect someone to hold their hand through this process.

Regards,

Stephanie

2.0.8 - switching www.Products4Pets.com - going live in Jan. 2010!

[quote name=‘scase’]

I think this forum is great and I always get help when I need it. Thanks to everyone who spends their time away from their business answering questions on here - I, for one, greatly appreciate it but I don’t think any newbie should expect someone to hold their hand through this process.

[/QUOTE]

And then comment how the lack of a quick answer has them considering another cart. Or spam the forums asking the same question in multiple threads. If it is that important, contact the developers in addition to asking politely here in these forums.

I have answered at least two questions this week that have been asked and answered in the forums countless times as well as being covered in the KB. With the holidays coming up, I am less likely to have the spare time.

Bob

[quote name=‘JesseLeeStringer’]heh, my attitude never changes :wink:

I’d rather help someone who has attempted to read the manual; and assist them from there. Hate spending time helping people who can’t even navigate the menu correctly :([/QUOTE]

Hey, My store says it is closed how do I open it… :slight_smile:

I spent my money on this product. So I sank some time learning what it can do and reading the manual when I didn’t understand what was going on. If I did not find it in the manual or the forums then I would ask a question

[quote]

Hey, My store says it is closed how do I open it.

[/quote]

At the bottom of your admin screen is a link that should now say “Open Store”. Click it and you will get a green notification that the store status has changed to “open”.