Ok, so what is the next step?

Ive got a new site and I have SEO turned on. Google has not yet indexed my site.

Site is www.thinkoutsidetheshowroom.com

1. I have redirect in place so that mydomain.com redirects to www.mydomain.com
  2. I am adding alt text to all photos
  3. Almost all photos have names like Item-Modern-Contemporary-Sectional-Sofa.jpg and are relevant to the item shown
  4. I have keyword phrases in the short description, description and meta info
  5. All titles are relevant to the products shown

What is next?

What lines should I add to robots.txt?

Should I upload my sitemap to google?

Once site is SEO optimized is it best to start submitting SEO articles and building good back links?

Thanks

Submitting articles and building relevant backlinks are always a good idea. Your site has been online for less than a month so don’t get discouraged if you don’t see the results you’d like for awhile. It’s going to take 3 to 6 months to get meaningful SERPs. Install Google Alalytics to track your progress.

Thanks for the info.

I will not get discouraged, I just want to make sure I am not missing anything and that I take the correct steps.

I can hire someone for the external SEO but Id like to do the internal SEO and Im having trouble understanding the robots.txt issue with SEO enabled and a few other things suggested for use with CS-Cart.

Nothing to do with SEO but I just wanted to say how much I like your site and what you have done with CS-Cart.

Just a couple of things … in the picture at the top of your page you have the dummy text “Lorem ipsum …” (not sure if you realised).

Also, do you really need the “Poll of the Week” at the bottom right? If you get rid of this it will even up each side of your site more and get rid of that large blank space to the left. Also maybe reduce the amount of products in the “Recently Viewed” section to two, for the same reason - it will even up each side of your page.

Apart from that it all looks great - fantastic site.

Lyn,

Thanks for the feedback. I did realize about the text because we were working on a flash banner (which is almost done now, you can see it)

And the poll was only active in order to ensure spacing on the page was correct. Its been disabled.

Thanks.

Page is 90% done now I hope.