Notification Mail Not Sent

ok, I understand, but the problem then still remains.
no notifications at all are sent when an order is paid by credit card but send out just fine when manually updated via admin panel

What is your payment processor? Is the status changed when payment is received to 'P' (Paid, Processed, etc.)? Or do you have to change it manually?

What is your payment processor? Is the status changed when payment is received to 'P' (Paid, Processed, etc.)? Or do you have to change it manually?

using stock Virtual Merchant payment processor, code is posted earlier in this thread.
Order shows up as "Paid" in orders page.
no notifications are sent unless I open the order and click "save changes" without making any changes

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with details of that specific payment processor. Given it sets the proper status, and changing to/from that status does generate notification that you either have a setting or 3rd party addon/modification that is preventing the notifications from being sent.

Does your Administration/Log indicate that the email has been sent?

Given this is a distributed payment method, you might want to save some time and just contact Helpdesk and have them investigate it for you.

Unfortunately I'm not familiar with details of that specific payment processor. Given it sets the proper status, and changing to/from that status does generate notification that you either have a setting or 3rd party addon/modification that is preventing the notifications from being sent.

Given this is a distributed payment method, you might want to save some time and just contact Helpdesk and have them investigate it for you.

no 3rd party addons, and aside from adding products and a few minor css changes, cart is basically out of the box.
I'll try helpdesk, but as my support ran out (was only 30 days) I'll keep my fingers crossed

logs show the following for my last try

Orders (status change)
Order: # 109?ssl_partner_app_id=01
Bullen Jim — 2021/07/01, 12:07 PM Users (update)
User: Jim Bullen; jimbo@xxxxx.com (#4)
Bullen Jim — 2021/07/01, 12:07 PM Orders (create)
Order: # 109
Bullen Jim — 2021/07/01, 12:07 PM

Do you have mail logging enabled in your logs? Doesn't look like it.

The thing to check is if mail is sent upon the initial order status change to 'P' via the payment processing. If so, and not received, then that gives you something to investigate. If not, then something is preventing notification.

And you are talking customer generated orders, correct? Not orders generated in admin.

logging has all boxes checked but do not specifically see a mail setting on this page
?dispatch=settings.manage§ion_id=Logging

customer (me for testing) places an order online, CC processor sends me a mail notice about order. CS Cart sends nothing.
log into CS-Cart admin, open order, click "save changes" with the notification boxes checked, and then notifications are sent out as would be expected

in case others experience the same issue, here is the fix provided by support

It seems like this issue is caused by the bug in the current version of CS-Cart. Please replace the following code:

fn_finish_payment($_REQUEST['order_id'], $pp_response, false);

with this one:

fn_finish_payment($_REQUEST['order_id'], $pp_response);

in the file app/payments/virtual_merchant.php.