Hi community members, this is my personal opinion, so please do not get offended.
Recently CS-Cart has kept CS-Cart Ultimate edition for pre-sale and has also published upgrade option from CS-Cart Professional edition.
I'm putting my case in light of me purchasing CS-Cart license for $285. And this thread applies to existing customer.
The situation for new customer currently is like this:
- Today's Pre-sale price for CS-Cart Ultimate Edition is $495.
- On that date and until the release the pre-sale price will grow up to $550.
- The retail price of CS-Cart Ultimate will be $650.
However for upgrade process for existing customer currently is like this:
- Special discount price: $300 if pre-ordered before January 1st, 2012 (285+300=585; You pay $585 that is $90 more than new customer)
- $355 after that and up to the release date (285+355=640; You pay $640 that is $90 more than new customer)
- The upgrade fee will total $415 when CS-Cart Ultimate is released (285+415=700 You pay $700 that is $50 more than new customer)
What I was expecting as loyal existing CS-Cart customer was like this:
When I purchased CS-Cart license the price was $285, so;
- Today's Pre-sale price for CS-Cart Ultimate Edition is $495, so 495-285=210 (Pay $210)
- On that date and until the release the pre-sale price will grow up to $550, so 550-285=265 (Pay $265)
- The retail price of CS-Cart Ultimate will be $650, so 650-285=365 (Pay $365)
Additional CS-Cart Professional edition license for $235.
Additional domain license for CS-Cart Ultimate edition is for $195 that is $40 less.
In my opinion unless you have truly inter-related business stick to CS-Cart Professional edition, because if one site goes down at least another will be running.
Note: I mailed CS-Cart team and asked “can I get discount for upgrade in lieu of support credit as an option” but got reply that discount is only available on final price that is $650.