Nivo Slider Add On

[quote name='solesurvivor' timestamp='1320205784' post='125141']

Since you have installed CSC under the /store/ directory it would be the root of CSC not the site root.

Do you have CPANEL on your server? If so just go to your file manager and upload the zip file to your www/.

Then right click and select EXTRACT. Choose www/store/ as the location to extract to since this is where your Cs-Cart install is located.Let me know if that doesn't work with you.

[/quote]

i put addons folder to /store/addons and i put var folder to \var\skins_repository\base\customer\addons\banners_slideshow.

its that true…???/

and, i still use cs cart in offline mode…

thanks before…

[quote name='assassin' timestamp='1320206550' post='125142']

i put addons folder to /store/addons and i put var folder to \var\skins_repository\base\customer\addons\banners_slideshow.

its that true…???/

and, i still use cs cart in offline mode…

thanks before…

[/quote]

Did you enable the addon from the cs-cart admin > add ons? You must enable the add-on.

You also need to add the slider block to the homepage (see design > blocks > homepage). select add block, select

banners, appearance type should be nivo slider of course.

[quote name=‘solesurvivor’ timestamp=‘1320208675’ post=‘125143’]

Did you enable the addon from the cs-cart admin > add ons? You must enable the add-on.

You also need to add the slider block to the homepage (see design > blocks > homepage). select add block, select

banners, appearance type should be nivo slider of course.

[/quote]

yes, i did…

i did enable addons from admin panel and i also add the slider block.

in wrapper coloumn, which that must i choose…???

coz, i keep wrapper coloumn blank.

and when i active all of them i get some problem like MR.UniDevelopers. Can u help me…??

[quote name=‘UniDevelopers’ timestamp=‘1318230680’ post=‘123296’]

[font=“Verdana”]I have a few problems.

I’ve followed the instructions - /addon/ and also to /var/skin_repository/base/addons/ etc…

I then edit the structure file, adding a comma at the end of the existing line, and then add the 2nd line below - linking to the new NIVO banner addon.

I then enable the “Banners management” (built-in) add-on.

Then I enable the “Banners: Slideshow” (downloaded) add-on.

Before I even add a block to the layout, on the front-end of the shop, the left hand menu had been moved over 50px to the right, leaving a big white gap.

I then add the Banners block to the top of the store. And add some banners images to it.

Save.

Clear cache.

Open front end again, and the banner is there, however it’s huge - ridiculous height - perhaps 800px! (the DIV or whatever, as you could click and see an outline)

I the block tried it in the TOP, BOTTOM and in the content area.

Would really appreciate it if anyone could show me their stores with this implemented - perhaps with and/or without changes made to it.

The whole thing doesn’t seem right at all.

Thanks

:)

p.s. 2.2.1 professional license. Still too cautious of upgrading until we sort some things out…[/font]

[/quote]

[quote name='solesurvivor' timestamp='1320072403' post='124985']

Everyone. My apologies I left a hack in the JS code that applied only to me. To fix the width issue simply

remove line 5 of \yourskin\customer\addons\banners_slideshow\hooks\index\scripts.post.tpl.

$('.central-column').width(832);

I will have updated the download file as well to reflect this change if

you want to just re-download it. If you have any problems let me know.

[/quote]

i have remove line 5 of \myskin\customer\addons\banners_slideshow\hooks\index\scripts.post.tpl, bu nothing changed…

i dont know how must i do…

thanks

[quote name='assassin' timestamp='1320221560' post='125160']

i have remove line 5 of \myskin\customer\addons\banners_slideshow\hooks\index\scripts.post.tpl, bu nothing changed…

i dont know how must i do…

thanks

[/quote]

do you even see the banner slideshow listed in your admin under addons?

when i went to your site i dont see the banner slide show on your homepage even.

so it does not even appear to be installed or activated.

[quote name=‘solesurvivor’ timestamp=‘1320241196’ post=‘125184’]

do you even see the banner slideshow listed in your admin under addons?

when i went to your site i dont see the banner slide show on your homepage even.

so it does not even appear to be installed or activated.

[/quote]

oww, i dont activated the banner slide show on my online site. but i have installed the banner slide show in local network or offline mode…

i didnt move my cscart folder to online server…

but in my offline cs cart, i did installed the banner slide show, and the addons activated. and i have make a block in my homepage.

the banner slide show dont huge again, its normal now but the problems now is the banner slide show dont sliding. its dont move. i dont know whats wrong… :D

thanks for ur help… :)

[quote name=‘assassin’ timestamp=‘1320246966’ post=‘125192’]

oww, i dont activated the banner slide show on my online site. but i have installed the banner slide show in local network or offline mode…

i didnt move my cscart folder to online server…

but in my offline cs cart, i did installed the banner slide show, and the addons activated. and i have make a block in my homepage.

the banner slide show dont huge again, its normal now but the problems now is the banner slide show dont sliding. its dont move. i dont know whats wrong… :D

thanks for ur help… :)

[/quote]

do you have more than one banner selected for the block? did you select the nivo slider show under appearance for the block? I can’t really help you much more unless you install on your site where I can actually

see whats going on.

I'm running into an issue with the Nivo slider not rotating the banners. I have managed to display a single banner and modify it to fit well within the theme. However, it seems that the .js is not actually being called, or if it is, it is not executing. I looked into the different versions of jQuery and I even tried to call multiple instances of a newer version from googles API. All that did was make the banner not display at all. The container and all css was still being read.

Any ideas? Thanks.

[quote name='helpneeded' timestamp='1320660322' post='125482']

I'm running into an issue with the Nivo slider not rotating the banners. I have managed to display a single banner and modify it to fit well within the theme. However, it seems that the .js is not actually being called, or if it is, it is not executing. I looked into the different versions of jQuery and I even tried to call multiple instances of a newer version from googles API. All that did was make the banner not display at all. The container and all css was still being read.

Any ideas? Thanks.

[/quote]

this might be obvious but you have selected more than one banner for the block to display i assume right?

if you send me your website and ill take a peak for you, without seeing it i cant be of much help.

i have it working fine on 2.2.3 right now.

[quote name=‘solesurvivor’ timestamp=‘1320727194’ post=‘125552’]

this might be obvious but you have selected more than one banner for the block to display i assume right?

if you send me your website and ill take a peak for you, without seeing it i cant be of much help.

i have it working fine on 2.2.3 right now.

[/quote]

Roger that on the multiple banners. I’ll send you the link in a pm.

[font=“Verdana”]Perhaps we need to write idiot proof instructions. I had to think twice when going through the instructions.

Just seems weird why it can't work by just installing, Rather than “modifying” the existing banners addon. Why not just include a copy of the banners addon, and give it a different name. This way no one has to do anything, just install and create a block?!

Perhaps make it $1 or $2, packaging it up, funding your time and future development.

At the end of the day, we just want something that works![/font]

[quote name='UniDevelopers' timestamp='1320875851' post='125655']

At the end of the day, we just want something that works![/font]

[/quote]

[size=“6”]$49.90 thank you[/size]

Like most of us. solesurvivor is just a user of cs-cart and was kind enough to share how he “hacked” the nivo slider into his own cart. Any hand holding he does is all in his own unpaid free time.

If you lack the skills to mimic what he did, I suggest you pony up real cash and buy a supported solution.

[quote name='kogi' timestamp='1320890531' post='125666']

[size=“6”]$49.90 thank you[/size]

Like most of us. solesurvivor is just a user of cs-cart and was kind enough to share how he “hacked” the nivo slider into his own cart. Any hand holding he does is all in his own unpaid free time.

If you lack the skills to mimic what he did, I suggest you pony up real cash and buy a supported solution.

[/quote]

well put. thanks Kogi.

to uni: I'm still learning CS-Cart and I recently learned how to make it without needing

changes to the code. i actually may be updating the add-on to support a straight install

in the near future.

Just wanted to say thanks for this i have it working on my site and its great!

I have a small issue with it showing over the top 'drop down' menu if anyone has any idea can you let me know. i am experimenting with z-index but not with much success.

anyway thanks again for this its made my life much easier!

Mark

[quote name='Marticus' timestamp='1322466671' post='126833']

Just wanted to say thanks for this i have it working on my site and its great!

I have a small issue with it showing over the top 'drop down' menu if anyone has any idea can you let me know. i am experimenting with z-index but not with much success.

anyway thanks again for this its made my life much easier!

Mark

[/quote]

Hey Mark,

Glad you got it working. Sounds like it is probably a z-index issue as well as position issue.

You may want to look at the position setting in your css for the drop down. Once you better

understand CSS POSITIONING (i.e. absolute, relative) you should be able to fix your issue.

not sure about css positioning read up on it at w3schools.com Good luck

:grin:

Anyone that managed to make it work in 2.2.4 profesional ?

I installed it on this version, but when i want to add banners in block created on site, it gives and error.

What is the error? Did you follow instructions

For installing it?

I followed intructions in txt file. Don't know what error is that as i only see the message from second image file.

http://tinypic.com/r/161f2xe/5

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1zbxyyr&s=5

[quote name='milleniumrom' timestamp='1329325888' post='131320']

I followed intructions in txt file. Don't know what error is that as i only see the message from second image file.

[url=“http://tinypic.com/r/161f2xe/5”]http://tinypic.com/r/161f2xe/5[/url]

[url=“http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1zbxyyr&s=5”]http://tinypic.com/v...pic=1zbxyyr&s=5[/url]

[/quote]

Sorry its hard for me to say what is the problem. I am using CS 224 and it works for me. All I can suggest is try testing it with a fresh install of CS Cart at a testing location and see if it works for you or not. That would be the first thing I would try.