Newsletter Integration

Price will be dependent upon how much more it takes to finisih it. I’m guessing it will sell for about $49.99 to $69.99. Would like to find 2 beta testers, 1 multilingual and one with lots of MailChimp experience. Will give beta testers 50% off when it’s ready for prime time.

The biggest pain now is configuring the block_configuration to allow one to select a list and a language…

I have another project I need to do this week so it may not be ready till next.

I do find it discouraging that no one commented on the requirements. So I’m guessing this will be generally a wasted effort (from a profitability standpoint). But it is something I can use and we developers get slow when you merchants get busy!

[quote]I do find it discouraging that no one commented on the requirements.[/quote] Your specs look good to me!

Hello Tbirnseth,

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]I do find it discouraging that no one commented on the requirements.[/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE=“3”]To understand what is the follow-up marketing: [url]http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/services/followup.mspx[/url][/SIZE][/B]

First of all, I understand your feeling. Myself, I use ListMailPRO for years, with pros and cons.

Pros:

1 - Now Free

2 - No monthly fee

3 - Ability to send a follow up targeted “prospect” mails to persons who has not yet purchased from you

4 - When these prospects buys for the first time, ListMailPRO removes them from your “prospects” database, and transfert them into “customers” database

5 - Then you send to this prospect a new follow up mails targeted to the “clients”

Cons:

1 - Free means ListMailPRO is being abandoned by his creator, like many others these last years.

2 - You can install on your server, however, you need to stay under radars, because sending mail mass is quite harmful for server performance

3 - No connection with shopping cart

4 - Time-consuming, because nothing is automated

5 - You must do everything by hand: Remove dead email addresses, cleaning database, transferring “prospect” to “customer” database…

Please, remember always:

[QUOTE][SIZE=“3”]It is a lot easier to keep a customer than find a new one.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Source: [url]http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/services/followup.mspx[/url]

I know Aweber, however, it cannot handle non English characters, as European ones.

I know GetResponse, it handle European characters, but there is no connection with CS-Cart.

On another hand, I don’t know MailChimp.

You see, Tbirnseth, I’m in limbo.

I am waiting, because I do not know enough to say definitively “Yes”.

I do not know anything about MailChimp, and I do not know what your addon will be able to do.

[SIZE=“3”]However, your project brings much hope for me, and I follow it closely[/SIZE] :wink:

Lee Li Pop

Li Pop,

I think it will address many of your issues. It will not move people amongst your lists if they purchase. Howwever, their email will be available in what MailChimp calls a “Segment” (which is like search criteria). You can also add people to special lists by category or by product if you choose.

I will (as usual) publish full documentation when I get the development complete. You should be able to make a decision from that.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Li Pop,

I think it will address many of your issues. It will not move people amongst your lists if they purchase. Howwever, their email will be available in what MailChimp calls a “Segment” (which is like search criteria). You can also add people to special lists by category or by product if you choose.

I will (as usual) publish full documentation when I get the development complete. You should be able to make a decision from that.[/quote]

I’ll be honest and say that I reviewed the addon however was unsure of your direction, so hence the lack of commentary.

We currently use a hybrid of Constant Contact & Interspire Marketing Manager. My biggest seller would be the ability to email users of ‘abandoned carts’ detailing them an offer if they return to purchase.

This is effectively a ‘Amazon’ / ‘NewEgg’ functionality that I’m looking at here, not sure if it’s plausible via CRON etc but it’s something that I would pay money for.

Take into account a CRON of 3 weeks post order, emailing the customer asking for review of our business practises and a product review etc would be excellent.

Again, not sure how the water flows so I guess my comment is here :slight_smile:

Thanks for the feedback Jesse.

It should be quite doable once I have the infrustructre in place. There’s a lot of “Admin” to this addon so the development is kind of slow.

It should be reasonable to have what you want work either from login or from a cron job and to look at a variety of “conditions” and drive a MailChimp campaign. Unfortuanately this is transaction processing wiith emails. MailChimp currently supports a psuedo-transatcion method and I’m not sure of the limitations.

This would definitely be a 2nd release type of functionality. But I sure hear your point.

I use Mailchimp so I’d be interested in any improvement in integration! I look forward to trying it out.

I currently use http://www.ymlp.com (your mail list provider)

have done so for years and have been very happy.

Hello RSW,

[quote name=‘RSW’]I currently use http://www.ymlp.com (your mail list provider)

have done so for years and have been very happy.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, first time I hear the name of YMLP.

First of all, prices are very cheap in compare to the competition.

I just create a free account, to understand how the service works.

How do you use YMLP:

1 - Only for your subscribers to your newsletter?

2 - Only for those who have not bought on your site?

3 - Only for your customers who have purchased on your site?

4 - For everyone, after a segmenting into three parts:

5 - (1) The general information for everyone with your newsletter; Plus (2) promotions to convince prospects; Plus (3) promotions for your customers who have already purchased on your site?

6 - How do you connect YMLP and CS-Cart?

7 - With the API?

8 - By yourself (by hand), by exporting your subscribers/users/customers from CS-Cart, then importing them into YMLP?

9 - Can you send an automatic followup mail to a prospect until he buys, and after this purchase, stop this automatic followup, and transfert this new customer into customer database?

[SIZE=“3”]

10 - Can you send an automatic followup mails to a customer for advertising your new promotion, until he buys, after this purchase, stop this followup.
[/SIZE]

Example:

Mail 1: -3% rebate

Mail 2: -5% rebate

Mail 5: -12% rebate

[SIZE=“3”]Of course, this buyer must NOT receive the following mails, offering best promotions![/SIZE]

Lee Li Pop

The new Mailchimp addon has been released today. Please see this thread for more information:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=21142[/url]

[quote name=‘TonyK’]Was wondering if anyone uses a 3rd party newsletter app?

Would users be interested in integration with apps like

mailchimp.com

constantcontact.com

icontact.com[/QUOTE]

I enjoy CS Cart’s newsletter although i hate that i cannot upload a large amount of contacts through a .CSV file instead of having to manually enter them in and/or one person at a time signs up for my newsletter. If there is another way to do it, id like it more.

My 2 cents.

Aweber please!!! i’d love to send over info and use the parser to pull in user and order details

I am getting the final touches done for my iContact CS Cart Integration Addon. Check out the forum post here [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=24632[/url].

You can see most of the features that is has. Just waiting on a few people in the CS Cart community to do a little more testing then it will be released to the public.

The addon is now complete and you may now purchase it for a low price of $49.99. Order now at [URL=“http://www.cscartreview.com/icontact-cs-cart-integration-addon/”]http://www.cscartreview.com/icontact-cs-cart-integration-addon/[/URL]

I also saw some other people talking about an Aweber integration addon. We do have an addon that currently works with Aweber but it does not have the exact features as the iContact Integration addon since they allow things that Aweber doesn’t via there API. The only downside to using Aweber is you MUST have the person double opt-in verify.

If you are interested in any type of Aweber or other email integration please contact me.

I've used Campaigner for the past 2 years and like it. Pretty easy to use.

I like mailchimp, although i dont want to have to pay for another third party service provider when CS Cart offers one for free. Its much easier to use Mailchimp to upload your email contacts via .CVS Files than it is to in CS Cart…

[quote name='TonyK' timestamp='1283952597' post='88651']

Was wondering if anyone uses a 3rd party newsletter app?

mailchimp.com

constantcontact.com

icontact.com

[/quote]

[quote name='TonyK' timestamp='1283952597' post='88651']

Was wondering if anyone uses a 3rd party newsletter app?

mailchimp.com

constantcontact.com

icontact.com

[/quote]

As a new CS-Cart user who is considering changing from using a third-party newsletter app to using CS-Cart's newsletter functionality, I'm curious to know the principal reasons CS-Cart users are using third-party newsletter apps instead of CS-Cart's newsletter functionality. Thanks.

Simple. Mailchimp is extremely powerful (marketing!), makes sure mail comes through and won't be seen as spam, and it's free for up to 2000 customers.

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1319618973' post='124578']

Simple. Mailchimp is extremely powerful (marketing!), makes sure mail comes through and won't be seen as spam, and it's free for up to 2000 customers.

[/quote]

Flow, thanks for your response! In fact, I've really appreciated other information you've given in this forum too. I see that the CS newsletter functionality does provide some campaign statistics, but I see the features you're referring to on their website. Thanks again.

[quote name='andrewgardner1' timestamp='1319692362' post='124646']

Flow, thanks for your response! In fact, I've really appreciated other information you've given in this forum too. I see that the CS newsletter functionality does provide some campaign statistics, but I see the features you're referring to on their website. Thanks again.

[/quote]

That's good to hear, thanks!