Newest Products Block Problem

Hi, I’ve set a newest products block with the following settings:

Content: Products

Filling: Newest Period: Any Date

Apperance: Multicolumns

However it doesn’t seem to show newly added products and appears to list the products in either product number or product code order.

Has anyone come across a solution for this in V2.03?

Thanks

Looks like you are using 2.0…did you import your items or add them all on the same day?

If so, they will all be considered “new”.

Thanks for the reply.

Yes that’s a good point. I did import all my previous products from 1.3.5 but have since added about 30 more products that I though would have shown on that block.

When I used to add new products in 1.3.5 they automatically showed on the Newest Listmania.

Why does it show the newest product added at the bottom instead of the top of the newest list? :confused:

[quote name=‘jdonald29’]Why does it show the newest product added at the bottom instead of the top of the newest list? :confused:[/QUOTE]

As I said some time ago this cart is not capable of showing newest product by actual adding time, the latest one should be first one or one on top.

Say today you have added 10 products SKU1 to SKU10

So in category sorted by newly added SKU10 should be first one but actually it would look like

SKU1

SKU2

SKU3

SKU4

SKU5

SKU6

SKU7

SKU8

SKU9

SKU10 (the latest one)

But if you add more then 100 your first product will be in some page…

If you want to get this fixed some additional coding is required from cs support

So, which is the 2nd criteria of sorting if the products have same creation date?

That is realy a headache about newest filling/block :confused:

probably name.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]probably name.[/QUOTE]

Product code

admin.php?dispatch=products.update&product_id=11111

If sorting is specified, it moves to the top of the sort list. Then, the standard sorting is applied afterward. The standard sorting in 2.1.4 is:

$sorting = array(
'position' => array('description' => fn_get_lang_var('default'), 'default_order' => 'asc'),
'product' => array('description' => fn_get_lang_var('name'), 'default_order' => 'asc'),
'price' => array('description' => fn_get_lang_var('price'), 'default_order' => 'asc'),
'popularity' => array('description' => fn_get_lang_var('popularity'), 'default_order' => 'desc')
);

So it appears that the sort order after what’s specified is:

position

product (the name)

price

popularity

There is a hook before this sort order is returned so it could be modified by an addon.

So if we add

‘timestamp’ => array(‘description’ => fn_get_lang_var(‘timestamp’), ‘default_order’ => ‘desc’),

before position line, is there a posibility to sort products as we want, from newest to older of the same day ?

If they were imported in separate page loads, otherwise they will all have the same create time (timestamp).