New to cs-cart design. Content question

Well, I guess everyone starts somewhere, and this is my first foray into CS-Cart customization and design. I’ll try to keep this simple. The implementation I am working on requires a footer which will have custom links to content pages. I have figured out how to create a content page but what I am wondering is this. Can i store the links I need someplace dynamically? I have found the Quick Links section and am using that in another place. In the footer I will have three sections of links, totaling about 15 links. The solution which jumped out at me first was to simply hard code the footer in a .tpl file and call it up, but is there a more appropriate way to create this?

Thanks for your help I am definitely interested in learning the proper ways to customize this product.

Well, I don’t know how to make the links dynamic, but if you want to save a lot of headache on future upgrades I’d highly recommend using the hooks method.

I actually just created an addon that might help you. I actually created the addon because I was too lazy to explain everything, sorry.

The addon can be seen at [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=20256[/url]

If that doesn’t help than let me know and I’ll do my best to explain.

Brandon