New tax calculation method

[quote name='Ranger-1' timestamp='1317289001' post='122561']

I also wonder about the status on this.

I have to show prices incl.tax, but only my default location shall pay the tax. I want the tax amount to be subtracted upon checkout for other locations that I have specified. Is this available yet? Or is it anyway to achieve this with some tweakes?

-------------

Running: 2.2.3

[/quote]

This is exactly what I want. It is achievable though now as well, but it's a stupid workaround. (fast and out of my head: at tax uncheck prices include tax. Change your prices to prices without tax. Then go to design - appearance and tick Display prices with taxes on category/product. Or something like that.

But… to cs-cart - I really don't feel like changing all my price to ex vat prices!! Please, please fix this for us EU companies. It's very simple. Just deduct tax for area's that are not supposed to pay tax (for me: outside EU)

[quote name=‘Miss Marple’ timestamp=‘1274209280’ post=‘80396’]

Tool Outfitters is right. I have my test store configured exactly like this - even though it still lacks with the correct output on the frontend :(.

According to the EU distance selling law you always have to show the complete price near the product, if it includes tax and the according tax rate (which I could not accomplish in CSCart 2.0 until now).

Furthermore you have to make clear that there are still shipping costs which will be charged later at checkout, at best a link “+ shipping costs” to a page with a table of your shipping costs.

At the moment there is the problem that the output we need is written in brackets and the actual tax rate is not given, only the language variable “incl. tax”. It should be “incl. x% tax”. If this won’t be changed we will have to fiddle around in the templates.

If we have B2B customers from another EU country who have a valid VAT identification number, they don’t pay tax, but we have to indicate the VAT identification no. on the invoice:

“Your VAT ID number PL 5555555555.”

and the reason why at checkout and on the invoice:

“This is a tax-free intra-Community delivery.”

If we sell to countries outside the EU (like USA or Switzerland), we also don’t have to charge tax. If we don’t charge tax, we always have to indicate the reason near the total of the cart and on the invoice.

“This order (invoice/delivery) is tax-free.”

@Hetha: Provided that your shop is within the EU.

You will have to set up net prices, and set up shipping locations with and without vat and assign them to the tax rates.

“Price includes tax” must not be checked in tax configurations and “Rate depends on” should be “Shipping address”.

If you now have a product with e.g. 19% tax, it won’t show up tax if the customer who orders it is from a country in a locations list without tax.

[/quote]

We made an add-on exactly for this !

The VAT number is validated via VIES and if it is valid, the vat will be removed from order.

Also, this VAT number is present on pdf bills also.

More information regarding this add-on can be found here :

[url=“http://www.cs-cart.seonid.com/cs-cart-addons/cs-cart-intra-community-vat-number.html”]http://www.cs-cart.seonid.com/cs-cart-addons/cs-cart-intra-community-vat-number.html[/url]

[quote name='Seonid' timestamp='1317654840' post='122846']

We made an add-on exactly for this !

The VAT number is validated via VIES and if it is valid, the vat will be removed from order.

Also, this VAT number is present on pdf bills also.

More information regarding this add-on can be found here :

[url=“http://www.cs-cart.seonid.com/cs-cart-addons/cs-cart-intra-community-vat-number.html”]http://www.cs-cart.seonid.com/cs-cart-addons/cs-cart-intra-community-vat-number.html[/url]

[/quote]

That's a great add-on. But I don't really wanna change all my prices in the admin to exclude VAT. We think in prices that include it and are used to those prices (we don't sell b2b).

Would it be possible to keep the prices in the admin to include VAT?

How did you add your prices ?

Product price and the VAT is added from taxes

Or you added the product price with the vat already included in it?

Yes, we added product price including VAT in the admin, because we are used to these numbers in the shop and know most of them by heart.

I could of course change them in the admin but would rather not.

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1317718124' post='122887']

Yes, we added product price including VAT in the admin, because we are used to these numbers in the shop and know most of them by heart.

I could of course change them in the admin but would rather not.

[/quote]

I understand you perfectly.

Our add-on will not work that way. It acts just like the “Tax exempt” function, in case the conditions are met

Conditions are the following :

*EU Customers that have a VAT number therefore are VAT exempt.

*EU costumers that do not have a VAT number have to pay VAT.

*Customers with or without VAT number, that are located in the same country as the seller is located in, all pay VAT.

*Customers outside the EU are VAT exempt.

And validation is made via VIES.

Some of our clients had the same problem just like you, and they wanted to show their prices with VAT included. So we made another small add-on to display vat included prices as primary. However this add-on is compatible only with cs-cart 2.2.2 version at the moment (until we finish the compatibility with earlier versions)

Regards,

Lucian

Hi Lucian,

So if I understand correctly, I always have to use prices ex vat in the admin area, right?

And then with the extra little add-on, the shop front will show prices incl. vat? Or is the extra add-on for the prices in the admin?

I have 2 shops, both running 2.2.3 so compatibly won’t be a problem.

I will send you a private mail now to discuss some more :)

[quote name=‘Flow’ timestamp=‘1317723206’ post=‘122890’]

Hi Lucian,

So if I understand correctly, I always have to use prices ex vat in the admin area, right?

And then with the extra little add-on, the shop front will show prices incl. vat? Or is the extra add-on for the prices in the admin?

I have 2 shops, both running 2.2.3 so compatibly won’t be a problem.

I will send you a private mail now to discuss some more :)

[/quote]

1. Yes
  2. Yes it will show prices incl.vat in customer side - not in admin

I also replied your e-mail. If you want, i can give you access to a demo page to test it

Hey Flow

Let me know how it works out. Might be a good addon for us as well.

Will be testing this tonight / tomorrow.

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1317751370' post='122912']

Will be testing this tonight / tomorrow.

[/quote]

Hey Flow,

Do you have any idea on how to apply the tax to the list price, not the asking price?

In Utah, with our cscart app which is a multi level, we are required to charge tax on the list price, not on the actual sales price.

Thanks,

Ron

[quote]In Utah, with our cscart app which is a multi level, we are required to charge tax on the list price, not on the actual sales price.

Thanks,

Ron [/quote]

This has got to be one of the whackiest things I have ever read! :D

I would love to see the documentation detailing this tax rule! ;)

[quote name='captainron' timestamp='1318289054' post='123358']

Hey Flow,

Do you have any idea on how to apply the tax to the list price, not the asking price?

In Utah, with our cscart app which is a multi level, we are required to charge tax on the list price, not on the actual sales price.

Thanks,

Ron

[/quote]

Really? That is totally nuts. I would not know how to do it but I guess you could ask a developer.

btw: I bought the seonid add-on and will install it this week.

Okay, so I bought and installed the add-on from seonid and I can be short: it solves all the tax problems we had with cs-cart in the EU.

HAPPY!!! :D

[quote name=‘Flow’ timestamp=‘1318417168’ post=‘123514’]

Okay, so I bought and installed the add-on from seonid and I can be short: it solves all the tax problems we had with cs-cart in the EU.

HAPPY!!! :D

[/quote]

Thank you for your positive feedback !

Um, how do I install this addon? We are running 3.06 and I downloaded the “Seonid Installer” and installed the addon. This gives me no option anywhere that I can see to enable displaying tax in the price.

I tried to use the “Help” tab on the Seonid website, but all I got was an error message.

The installation guide says “[color=#2C2B2B][font=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]The download link is expired or is not ready.” Help anyone?[/size][/font][/color]

V.