New Product designer HTML 5 +JS. Who is interested?

I'm interested only if the output will be in vector format. How can we fasttrack this? I need this in a months time, not 4 months.

[quote name='idslamyou' timestamp='1379740295' post='168510']

How can we fasttrack this? I need this in a months time, not 4 months.

[/quote]

Not a chance

[quote name='idslamyou' timestamp='1379740295' post='168510']

I'm interested only if the output will be in vector format. How can we fasttrack this? I need this in a months time, not 4 months.

[/quote]

Hello idslamyou!

Yes, output is planed to be in a vector format. John is right, I'm afraid it's impossible to develop the product in a months time, First, we need to gather donations, then the development itself will be an elaborate process that definetly needs time and no rush.

Best regards, Alt-team

when is the anticipated start date on this?

[quote name='fwaTony' timestamp='1380232093' post='168790']

when is the anticipated start date on this?

[/quote]

Hello fwatony and thank you for the question!

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]We will create the “interested” list till the end of September (if you are interested and will donate, please let us know it). In October we will show everyone the sketches of a new Product designer and the functionality description (we are working on it already). After that, we will gather donations and start the development (November-December).[/font][/color]

if everything goes as planned, we hope to finish the development in March 2014 or even earlier.

Best regards, Alt-team

Thanks for the information, we currently have the product designer installed on our site, will there be any price reductions for those in this situation?

[quote name='fwaTony' timestamp='1380452445' post='168910']

Thanks for the information, we currently have the product designer installed on our site, will there be any price reductions for those in this situation?

[/quote]

Dear Tony,

As we have stated before, we plan to gather donations in the amount of $300 -$400 depending on the number of interested. Unfortunately, we can't make any exclusions here because the new Product designer will be an absolutely new product written from scratch and based on contemporary technologies (no Flash). After the release, all donators will be presented a license. Actual Product designer price will be 3-4 times more than the donation amount.

Best regards, Alt-team

[quote name='Alt-team' timestamp='1380522728' post='168926']

Actual Product designer price will be 3-4 times more than the donation amount.

[/quote]

What would the price be if you have 2 store fronts? or what would the price be for a 2nd license?

Regards,

Tony

[quote name='fwaTony' timestamp='1381071151' post='169263']

What would the price be if you have 2 store fronts? or what would the price be for a 2nd license?

Regards,

Tony

[/quote]

Hello Tony!

As for donations, the donation sum will be fixed for everybody and those who will use two storefronts will have to donate twice to get two licences.

As for the final prices, unfortunately it is difficult to say exactly but for those who use more than one storefront we think there will be a discounting system.

Best regards, Alt-team

Hello friends!

We are very glad to announce that sketches and the functionality description of a new Product designer are ready.

Please, read this article in our blog [url=“New Product designer HTML5, JS. Sketches and functionality”]http://www.alt-team.com/new-product-designer-html5-js.-sketches-and-functionality.html[/url]

We are waiting for your comments and recommendations. We can include some more features if required by most of you.

Thank you everyone who is interested in this project!

Best regards, Alt-team

Will ther be options for an image gallery? That is, the ability for customers to choose clipart images from an installed set. Also, one request would be to use the same created design on a different product.

I am guessing that all the features which have been added already in the flash designer will be included in the html designer, Yes?

I using current version for product designer

I'm also interested and want.

thank you, Alt Team

[quote name='chandlercoy' timestamp='1381410689' post='169477']

Will ther be options for an image gallery? That is, the ability for customers to choose clipart images from an installed set. Also, one request would be to use the same created design on a different product.

[/quote]

Hello chandlercoy!

Yes, there will be an ability for customers to choose the clipart from a clipart gallery. Administrator will create the necessary clipart categories and add cliparts into them.

As for the ability to use the created design on a different product, we were thinking over it but can't promise it in the first version of a new Product designer. What will be definitely done is the ability for customers to save the product with the design in their account and retrieve it for editing or reorder.

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1381414720' post='169482']

I am guessing that all the features which have been added already in the flash designer will be included in the html designer, Yes?

[/quote]

Almost all the features, John. We will exclude the engraving mode and the first version of a new Product designer will not include the ability to add your own irregular canvas shape (square, rectangular canvas will be, of course supported). The features that will be definitely included are described in the article. John, if you don't see a feature that has the flash designer and you definitely need, please ask about it, I will confirm whether it will be included or not.

[quote name='erdalcicek' timestamp='1381425981' post='169492']

I using current version for product designer

I'm also interested and want.

thank you, Alt Team

[/quote]

Thank you for your interest, erdalcicek! Please follow this topic to be informed how the process goes. Also, you can write about your interest to pd@alt-team.com and we will inform you about all news and the donation process start via e-mail.

Best regards, Alt-team

Hello alt-team,

Looking good the first drawing. A few things.

Drawing dont work on iphone, after selecting size etc no designer is loading.

The designer should have all options we have now, because all out stores

Are running with them, so it isent fair that not all options are available.

We are running a few custom add-ons i like to see them

Working with the new pd.

Also like its working now first pick

Product then pick size and color i dont like.

I want it in one screen like we have it now.

Regards,

Erwin

Does this mean that the existing users will be phased out of the current version that we are using? As I am getting ready to pay an additional fee to upgrade mine to work with 4.0.2.

[quote name='Erwin' timestamp='1381523575' post='169575']

Drawing dont work on iphone, after selecting size etc no designer is loading.[/quote]

Hello Erwin!

We haven't optimized the drawing for iPhone. But again we confirm that a New Product designer will be compatible with iPhone, iPad and Android smartphones.

[quote]The designer should have all options we have now, because all out stores

Are running with them, so it isent fair that not all options are available.[/quote]

It will but the first version may lack some features which a current Flash product has. Nevertheless, a New Product designer will be a complex product with lots of features, more usability and faster than Flash.

[quote]We are running a few custom add-ons i like to see them

Working with the new pd.[/quote]

I would like to remember that a new Product designer will be a separate product with a separate admin panel. It will be compatible with all default CS-Cart functionality and modifications that don't interfere with the Product designer. If you have some add-ons that are connected with Product designer, it will be necessary to integrate them into a new product, it can be done for the extra charge.

[quote]Also like its working now first pick

Product then pick size and color i dont like.

I want it in one screen like we have it now.[/quote]

According to recommendations of some clients and our own vision, we have decided to separate the product side/options screen and the customization screen. It will be more comfortable for users if a product has lots of options or product sides.

[quote name='CutRiteFX' timestamp='1381542951' post='169587']

Does this mean that the existing users will be phased out of the current version that we are using? As I am getting ready to pay an additional fee to upgrade mine to work with 4.0.2.

[/quote]

Hello CutRiteFX!

We will sell and support the Flash Product designer even after the release of a new Product designer HTML5, JS. Thus, we will have two Product designer products and its up to you to decide what is better for you, we will support both of them.

Best regards, Alt-team

Dear friends!

To speed up a new Product designer development we start the donation process today!

You are welcome to read the details and make a contribution here.

We will be thankful to everyone who make a contribution in this project. Every person donated $400 will get a ready Product designer license HTML5, JS when the development is completed. New Product designer will be already integrated into CS-Cart or Magento by your choice. You can donate a less sum, in this case you will get a discount on a new Product designer.

We would like to ask everyone, who is ready to donate, not to delay this process. Because we will be able to start the development only after we get a necessary start sum. Hope for your prompt reaction. We really hope to make it possible together!

Feel free to ask any questions.

Best regards, Alt-team

Hi Alt Team, we use the current product designer, and are very interested in donating for this one, how easy will it be to change over when this one is released? Will you be able to use the settings from our current product designer?

& also when are the doors closing on donations?

Regards,

Tony

We purchased the Product Designer for a client about 9 months ago, their site is still in development and has never seen production, would it be possible to upgrade to the HTML5 one for free or if not at a discounted rate, as we have not used it in production yet?