New install to tha same system

Hello,

I need help ASAP please :

I installed Cs-cart system on server and designed it. now I want to install the same cs cart system on other server. is it possible to download the cs cart system from the old server, to my computer, and upload them to the new one? will it work?

thanks

1. Install CS-Cart on the new server

2. Upload the files from the one server (designed website) to the new server.

(you will be overwriting the files of the basic CS-CART install)

DO NOT UPLOAD THE config.php file. Leave that “as is” on the new server.

3. Export the database from the one server (designed website)

I use phpmyadmin to work with the database so if you are not familiar with this then I don’t recommend doing it.

4. Import database of designed website (the file you exported) to the new server

I use phpmyadmin to work with the database so if you are not familiar with this then I don’t recommend doing it.

That’s about it “In a Nutshell”…you should be good to go.

Hi WebGuy,

thanks for your help

if I’ll import the old DB to the new server, will it automatically insert the old data to the new table?

because it’s a new server - there is a new name to the DB. You didn’t write anything about it, but shouldn’t I change the name of the DB in the new system?

thanks,

Roi

[QUOTE]if I’ll import the old DB to the new server, will it automatically insert the old data to the new table?[/QUOTE]

Yes. IF you export/import the file correctly.

You shouldn’t have any problems doing this, and

You could use the same DB name for the new server as you have for the current. That would be the best recommendation.

I know :slight_smile:

but I can’t, so can you please tell me how to change the path, in CS CART, in the new server, please?

[QUOTE]I know, but I can’t[/QUOTE]

I’ve never run into a system that won’t allow you to name the Database what you want?..first time for everything I guess.

[QUOTE]so can you please tell me how to change the path, in CS CART, in the new server, please?[/QUOTE]

Now, I’m not sure what you are asking?

As this question doesn’t really make sense.

Why not just try doing as I suggested and see what happens?

Do a backup of both Databases and then have at it.

I don’t think you should have any issues.

Worst case it fails. Best case it works.

if it fails let us know what happened, if it works you learned something.

If it fails you can easily restore it back to original.

The steps I gave you should work.

I’m also assuming you’ve read this:

[URL=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

no, I haven’t, but thanks!

the reason that I can’t make the same name for the DV in my new server it’s becuase every new BD open with the prefix “deadseac_”, for example: deadseac_minerals

well, I can talk with my webhost but I think it will be much more easyer to just change the name of the DB in the CS cart file.

WebGuy - I found it. if you want to change DB name, admin and password, you can do it from the beginning of config.php file.