New Features in XML Data Feeds addon

[quote name='chuckv' timestamp='1316190362' post='121791'] (in cs-cart it is listed as suppliers)[/quote]

That's the problem. The way “manufacturers” are supposed to be set up is as a feature. I am sure that the addon does not pull any company/supplier information.

Sorry, I known nothing about your site or your products. You can research how to setup product features in the knowledge base for cs-cart.

FYI for current users of the XML Data Feeds addon… I have several fixes/enhancements coming in the next release. However, since I'm still traveling on vacation, I am not going to release it until I return (26th or so of Sept).

The changes in the new release (2.2.21) are:

• Made update of google product categories feature conditional upon it being listed as the standard feature and being enabled.

• Made 0.00 values for weight return with actual value (previously it returned an empty string).

• Fixed grouped featues issue with duplicate names where one (or more) is disabled (can be common if multiple “Manufacturers” are listed and only one is “active”. Note: it will use the first active feature found for the specified name.

• Added check and include of upgrade tools inside obj_check_create function which is called at login. Forces include of local version of upgrade tools if EZ Common Tools has not been installed (tries to get around site permission problems).

You can check the current version of your XML Data Feeds addon by using this URL:

?dispatch=obj_feed.version

Please note that almost all issues that I have support requested for are related to site permission issues. Please ensure that after extracting any archive on your site that your host ensures that all the ownerships of files are set appropriately for your site and that permissions of files ensure that directories can be written to by the PHP process.

tbirnseth, on 16 September 2011 - 12:18 PM, said:

Select the Brand as a Product Feature “type”.

Then type in “Manufacturer” if that is the name of the feature you want to use (it will find the first “active” feature by that name).

If you want to use the Supplier functionality in the cart, it is not supported by the addon. You would have to set it up as a feature to get the info.

I did that but the xml file doesn't include my product manufactures (in cs-cart it is listed as suppliers)

tbirnseth, on 16 September 2011 - 12:18 PM, said:

If you want to use the Supplier functionality in the cart, it is not supported by the addon. You would have to set it up as a feature to get the info.

Please show how to set it up. Thanks

Hi tbirnseth, I know you are on vacation but our business can't wait for you. I bought the addon from you. Our products are not listed on Google. I need help immediately.

As I said before, if you are using the feature name of “Suppliers” instead of “Manufacturers”, then use “Suppliers” as the name of the feature.

I'm sorry, but I can't guess at your specific store configuration. I think I've adequately described how to set up a product feature for use in one of the standard mappings provided by the addon.

Edit: If the addon does not meet your needs, please forward the original invoice sent to you listing the license key and orderID (to support@ez-msXX.com - remove X's) and I'll be happy to refund your money.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1314238826' post='120304']

3) The new Google Product Categories is now supported and you can install the current list of Google Product Categories into the product feature named “Google Category” by loading a specific page. This will load ALL defined Google categories so it can get fairly large.

[/quote]

Now how do I remove categories I don't need since the file is too large? Just want to keep only ones within our business. You know, it will help to minimize the database loading.

Edit the file: addons/obj_feed/lib/google_categories.txt to be the list of Google Categories you want to create. Then execute the URL per the documentation. Note: You might want to copy the file after you edit but before running the URL since the file is removed after it is run. This will be changed in the 2.2.22 release to be released next week.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1316872021' post='122218']

Then execute the URL per the documentation.

[/quote]

How do you execute that?

At this point I can see that your addon will create a feed for all products in our database. Can I create a feed only on some certain products. I think this option is more practical since not every stores want to list everything they have.

[quote]

How do you execute that?

[/quote]

If they docs say “dispatch=obj_feed.create_google_categories”

then you would use the URL:

?dispatch=obj_feed.create_google_categories

[quote]

At this point I can see that your addon will create a feed for all products in our database. Can I create a feed only on some certain products. I think this option is more practical since not every stores want to list everything they have.

[/quote]

Sorry, it does not work that way. You can tell the addon not to include products with zero quantity and you can tell it to include inactive products. There is not method to identify what products should be included and what not.

A new version of the addon has been released (2.2.21). It includes several defect corrections as well as the filename for creating the Google Categories product feature can now be specified and features are NOT automatically created.

The documentation is at: http://www.ez-ms.com/docs/obj_feed_addon.pdf

or in the attachments area of the addon product details page at: http://www.ez-ms.com/addonproducts/xml-data-feeds.html

To determine the current version of your XML Data Feeds addon, you can execute the following URL:

?dispatch=obj_feed.version

Sites without permission/ownership issues should be automatically updated at the next update check configured in the addon settings.

Will the latest 2.2.3 version affect this addon at all? Also should this addon grab the second image for the product rather than the first image of a product?

Thanks

Have no idea on 2.2.3… Very few of my addons have any version dependencies and when they occur, it is usually only at the major version level (2.1, 2.2, etc.) where any issues surface.

The addon uses the main pair to determine what image to use.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1316872021' post='122218']

Edit the file: addons/obj_feed/lib/google_categories.txt to be the list of Google Categories you want to create. Then execute the URL per the documentation.

[/quote] I edit the google_categories.txt to have only categories for my store. Then I executed the URL. But the file still contains all of categories in the google. It means everything stays the same. Why?

If you had previously executed the URL BEFORE editing the file, then you already created the full set of product features for Google Category. Hence, running it again with a smaller number of categories effectively does nothing but update a sub-set of the product feature values.

I suggest:

1. Copy your edited file to a different name in the same directory so there's no conflict during updates of the addon
  2. Delete your existing “Google Category” product feature.
  3. Execute this url ?dispatch=obj_fee.create_google_categories.

or ?dispatch=obj_fee.create_google_categories&google_cat_file=

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1317223242' post='122489']

The addon uses the main pair to determine what image to use.

[/quote]

I finally got this addon work on my site. How can I set it up to grab the main image of a product in the “General” instead one of images in the “Additional Images”?

I don't know what you mean. It uses the “main_pair” which is the main thumbnail and main detail images as shown on the product detail page.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1317937225' post='123071']

I don't know what you mean. It uses the “main_pair” which is the main thumbnail and main detail images as shown on the product detail page.

[/quote]

I meant the created xml files picks a image from product “images” if there is any instead from the main image in the product “general”

Please see the attachments. I want the xml files pick the image of the boy and man instead of the product images if there is any.

general.gif

images.gif

The code retrieves the main image pair via a query to the database on the 'pair_id' for the 'images_links' table for the product_id in question.

It uses the 'thumbnail' image if it exists and if it does not, it uses the 'detailed' image. It does NOT attempt to use any other images.

It would help if you could give some solid data. I.e. a link to your product page and the section of the xml file that contains the g:image_link tag.

I'm guessing you have a configuration issue in your cart. I can't help you with that.

Colorfly on our site and Colorfly on Google!

:(

http://ww w.custom-cable.co.uk/headphone-amplifiers/colorfly/colorfly-pocket-hifi-c4-pro-32gb-24bit-192khz-upsampling-music-player.html

Google Shopping

colorfly - Google Suche

If you look at what image has been used, the Google product has used the 2nd image pair for some bizarre reason.

Regards

The link you provide to your store takes me to the Google search page.

I do not know how you have your product configured or whether it is having a single option that is forcing the image to be something different.

I'm sorry, but I can only tell you what the addon does (how it behaves), I can't tell you anything about how you have your store administered.