New design is done, now comes the hard part...

Design version 3.0 is completed but time & .js knowledge are going to give me some issues getting it implemented. Ive contacted 2 forums gurus/buddies to see if they can help me out but if that falls through who have you guys recommend to do some custom design integration coding?

P.S. I think this new design is really going to be the one I stick with for a while :wink: :wink:

Do you have a link to your new site design?

Click on Tirade’s name and you can find the link to his site there

The new design isnt up yet but you can see it here

[url]http://j.imagehost.org/0101/finaldraft.jpg[/url]

Its slowly taking shape at test.livingcontemporary.com but not sure how quickly the process is going to go as my time is limited. We shall see…

Its completely different than anything Ive seen done before and after someone ripped off my last 2 designs Ive been keeping it a little hush hush on this one :wink:

I love that design. Who is your designer? I have been looking for someone that could create something unique for my type of store.

[quote name=‘jegesmaci’]I love that design. Who is your designer? I have been looking for someone that could create something unique for my type of store.[/QUOTE]

Depending on your time frame I can do it, if not I can refer you to someone who can. Send me a PM.

[quote name=‘Tirade’]The new design isnt up yet but you can see it here

[url]http://j.imagehost.org/0101/finaldraft.jpg[/url]

Its slowly taking shape at test.livingcontemporary.com but not sure how quickly the process is going to go as my time is limited. We shall see…

Its completely different than anything Ive seen done before and after someone ripped off my last 2 designs Ive been keeping it a little hush hush on this one ;)[/QUOTE]

Very nice. I like your sense of design and where things “should go”. Good use of clear easy-to-read fonts and images. The content background blends nicely with the header and footer background and the text colors work well, kind of gives me a sense of being in a nice furniture store if that is what you are going for.

It’s very easy on the eye and as a customer gives me the sense that this is a professional company and not some fly by night outfit who took the basic skin and threw some products on it.

I wish I had your skills then I wouldn’t be paying someone to do ours. :mrgreen:

Sorry for the slow reply guys, we are getting ready for the high point furniture market which is the 17th-22nd so I literally have zero time as we fly out in 2 days (anyone near High Point, NC want to grab a beer next week? :slight_smile: ).

I work 2 jobs so even when Im not traveling Im busy. While this design looks good on paper making it work with cs-cart is a process all in itself. This design was the result of a lot of changes and modifications that has taken me 2 months to nail down and couldn’t have been done by me alone. The base design was done by a great guy and friend of mine but Im not sure what the advertising rules are for this forum so PM me if youre interested in his name.

As for the coding, Im working with another forum member now to help me out but depending on time/money I might have to delay the roll out until we get back from the market.

Edit: Forgot to say thanks for the compliments. Our target market is ages 21-45 middle income families and bachelors. We wanted a site that is “web 2.0 friendly” that appealed to the younger generation of trendy shoppers but staying professional enough to draw in older customers. We hope the site makes the products portray “quality” without feeling so expensive that only the upper class can afford to buy them.

The focus points were to integrate social media (and we plan to make some changes to focus even more on that), include a giant footer (as these are the new header) that had plenty of SEO friendly links and avoid the basic “template” look. I think we have succeeded, now we just have to put it all together.

A great look and I liked your links on the bottom.

It took a long time to load - but my internet connection is slow.

I think it’s fantastic, can’t wait to see the live site.

well done - you should be designing full time, the work is brilliant :smiley:

I second that…very cool indeed. Best looking site I’ve seen on here thus far. Everything is functional as well as eye catching.

Stu

[quote name=‘Tirade’]Depending on your time frame I can do it, if not I can refer you to someone who can. Send me a PM.[/QUOTE]

PM sent. Thanks!

Adam

Sorry for the delay guys, PM’s answered.

The best design I have seen yet with CS-Cart, awesome! I need a carbon copy please. hehehe Great work!

Milezone

http://milezone.com

That “deal tag” on the right clashes with the rest of the site design-wise. Footer should be condensed vertically a bit…

Thanks for the feedback, I agree a bit on the deal tag, I might box it up to fit the style and go with more of a banner in that block. Its an html block so its easy to swap in and out. As for the footer, I can compress it a bit, but when I start integrating the blog features I expect it might grow a bit depending on where I put them.

I’m curious too see your mockups for the Category and Product views. Are you sticking with the basic 3 column layout from CS-Cart, or going with something more flexible?

Glen

The plan is to go with a 2 column look (Im not fond of 3 columns for category and products pages) but have it tailored to somewhat match the site layout. If I can get past this challenge of putting this entire design into blocks then it will make sub pages very easy to modify.

For example, in my last design I only wanted the flash banner on the homepage but because I embedded it as part of the main content I ended up having to use if statements to check and see what page was displayed in order to correctly enable or disable the banner. This worked fine but it created funky layout problems on sub pages because now the content was shifting up if the banner was disabled. This time around if I put the banner into a html block, I can easily manipulate it.

If I can manage to finish the home page by next week Ill start working on sub pages.

[quote name=‘sixnin9’]I’m curious too see your mockups for the Category and Product views. Are you sticking with the basic 3 column layout from CS-Cart, or going with something more flexible?

Glen[/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘Tirade’]Design version 3.0 is completed but time & .js knowledge are going to give me some issues getting it implemented. Ive contacted 2 forums gurus/buddies to see if they can help me out but if that falls through who have you guys recommend to do some custom design integration coding?

P.S. I think this new design is really going to be the one I stick with for a while :wink: ;)[/QUOTE]

Hi I would love to know how I can get my website designed and coded, by you or if you could refer someone who can do clean layouts like that! It looks sooooo beautiful! I have always wanted a full flash pic across the top area of my shopping cart but wasn’t sure how to make this happen. I tried it once but nothing quite lined up. If you point someone to me that would be awesome.

Thanks A Bunch!

AlmondJJoy :slight_smile: