New addon "Currencies updates" is available for testing

Who can help me in this case?

In Administration->Currencies, did you check “Autoupdate” for the currencies you want updated?

Bob

Yes, now it works. I have made a fresh installation of the 2.0.15 and now it works. Now i hav write my webhoster to activate SOAP and now the import works perfect!

Good work, thanks very much!

After completing all the steps including the cron job in my web server…

I do not have the auto update link for the currencies admin page… why is that? But it seems the currencies are all autoupdated. Tried the Cronjob, and after running it stated: no selected currencies for updating…

Can I don’t do a fresh install? Since I already have all the configuration and pricelist uploaded… we also have a customer registered with us already… so its unwise to do a fresh install.

Oh and btw, it seems that the max number of currencies we can use is 4? If I want to add in another, it seems not working…

tried to do a fresh install earlier… n got my database removed!! Can’t afford to lose my data… as data is already uploaded… n have a customer registration!.. Pls help!

Hi :slight_smile:

I’ve been meaning to look into automated multiple currency options for our website.

I have seen/read this thread a few times.

The Download link works, but the files says archive is corrupted?

Also can anyone suggest “data providers” that are free?

Thx

Hi,

This does not work for latest version. Has anybody tested this working in 2.1.2? I can install it without any issues. However when I try to create new currency, the add button the add currency disappears. Can anybody fix it for latest release?

Thanks

[quote name=‘brianpat’]Hi,

This does not work for latest version. Has anybody tested this working in 2.1.2? I can install it without any issues. However when I try to create new currency, the add button the add currency disappears. Can anybody fix it for latest release?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I would also be interested in this addon working for 2.1.2.

Or is it going to be included in 2.1.3?

Thanks

Jodi

Yes, please!

Is this still working on 2.1.4 version ?

Passed variable is not an array or object in /addons/currencies_updates/func.php on line 49

Currencies update failed.

Can’t get the base currency rate.

What is the problem ?

May be it is not updated for new version, so that’s why giving problem.

Looking through these posts I too find it difficult to understand why this particular add-on is not recognised for the benefits it can offer shopfronts. Yes OK paypal and other financial providers have their “own” rates of exchange (pumping up costs as much as they possibly can) however for the store customer - have a ballpark (closest to reality) figure in their own currency is helpful if they are comparing stores. I use this myself where stores permit.

Automatically having the exchange rates updated via cron is a great way to maintain this enhancement - nothing is worse than a comparison of currencies and they are way out of date…

Is there any chance of something for 2.2.1? (in development) because I would definitely like to use it for my own store…

Pat on the back to those developers who offer something to the user base that is useful and have spent their time providing (free of charge in this case) something that is useful for many.

Thank you for thinking of us :wub:

Hello,

I installed the Currency Addon and am getting: Currencies update failed. Can't get the base currency rate. In Admin-Currencies, I am unable to save a base currency. I select a radio button (USD) and save. When the page refreshes, the radio button is deselected. I've tried clearing my cache and confirmed that permissions for files and folders in the currencies_update folder are set to 777. I tried to delete USD and I got an error saying I could not delete my base currency. Could you suggest what I should look at?

The issue here seems to be that a function called ConversionRate does not appear to exist. This function is being called by webservicex_wsdl.php in the currency addon which is why the webservicex updater is not working. I suspect ConversionRate() was part of the older version of the cart.

If someone using something before 2.1.2 would do a file contents search on their cart files to see if the function ConversionRate exists, that will confirm it. If I can get a copy of that file, I might be able to get this working. If you have the original zip, I can arrange to get that from you.

[font=“Verdana”]This worked fine in earlier versions - although there was always problems with the radio buttons and checkboxes.

There is still something wrong with the logic.

Is anyone interested in updating this CS-Cart custom add-on?

Adding features, updating and adding more exchange rate sources to the list?

Thanks!

Cheers[/font]

Thanks m8

it seams every time i go on this forum ill find somthing new i want to put in my shop.

[color=#888888][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]

[color=#333333][size=4]If someone is needed to synchronize the currency exchange rates with the PayPal server, there is also an add-on:[/size][/color]

[color=#333333][size=4][url=“http://cs-cart-development.com/paypal-exchange-rates-synchronization.html”]http://cs-cart-development.com/paypal-exchange-rates-synchronization.html[/url][/size][/color]

[color=#444444][size=2][/size][/color][/size][/font][/color]

i want using currency updates link here:

http://xml.altinkaynak.com.tr/doviz.xml

can you tell me how can i use that xml ?

Write custom code to parse the XML and to update the currency values appropriately. There's no admin interface for parsing your xml file.