Negative Inventory For Admins, But Not For Customers?

Is there any way to allow admins to add out of stock products to an order without allowing customers to do the same?

I know I can check the "enable negative inventory" box, but this allows customers to do it too not just admins.

Any ideas?

I am afraid, additional code modification is required. For example, you can enable this setting for administration part only in the init.post.php controller

Oh that would come in very handy at times.......! Add-on anyone?

- enable the My changes addon

- create the app/addons/my_changes/controllers/backend/init.pre.php file

use Tygh\Registry;

Registry::set(‘settings.General.allow_negative_amount’, ‘Y’);

- check the result
(!) Not tested, just idea

Oh that would come in very handy at times.......! Add-on anyone?

agreed

- enable the My changes addon

- create the app/addons/my_changes/controllers/backend/init.pre.php file

use Tygh\Registry;

Registry::set(‘settings.General.allow_negative_amount’, ‘Y’);

- check the result
(!) Not tested, just idea

That's perfect thanks. Initial test and this seems to work. I'll test some more with different types of product and will report back.

Right now though this did the job!

Please keep us updated!

So this edit only allows it in the admin area? And the inventory would then for example show a product at -10 ?

So this edit only allows it in the admin area? And the inventory would then for example show a product at -10 ?

Yes, appears to work exactly as though allow negative inventory had been checked, but only if we're creating the order in the admin area.

It doesn't seem to work when using it through the POS addon but that's another story. When used through the standard admin panel it works perfectly.

Yes, appears to work exactly as though allow negative inventory had been checked, but only if we're creating the order in the admin area.

It doesn't seem to work when using it through the POS addon but that's another story. When used through the standard admin panel it works perfectly.

Thank you for letting us know it.

This is simply amazing!

Now is possible to clone order with one in stock items, to make to separate invoices.

We were glad to help you. Hope it will help someone else!

Really useful. Is there a way to show stock levels in the backend so that staff know, and can inform the customer that the product is not currently in stock when they take the order?

Really useful. Is there a way to show stock levels in the backend so that staff know, and can inform the customer that the product is not currently in stock when they take the order?

Do you mean order creation page in the admin panel?