need to reinstall

my clients cs cart app was hacked and now we have to reinstall. I need to keep the database intact. How do I reinstall but keep the db as it wants to wipe the db as part of the install.

Backup the DB, re-install, restore the DB. Make sure you’re re-installing the same version you are running.

I want to do a reinstall because the basic template does not look like it is supposed to. I believe this was from a skin that I purchased and used for awhile. I switched back to the basic skin and some things did not changeover to the basic skin design.

It just seems that from all the previous upgrades done from within cs-cart, there are some things that just aren’t right and I’m thinking a clean install would fix it up.

If there are fields within the DB from non-cs-cart skins and add-ons, would I have any trouble reinstalling my backed up db as long as it’s the same version of cs-cart?

• Of course as soon as I posted this, I found that I needed to change the way the categories were filing from plain to emenu and that’s what I wanted to change. That what didn’t look right and now its all good.

To get a real fresh install of the basic skin, remove the directory

skins/basic/customer before you load it from the skins directory. You will probably have to be running a different customer skin. But skins are not reloaded from the skins_repository when they are selected if they are already in the file system. Personally, I think there should be an option to force a reload of the whole skin from the repository, not just individual templates. But I was told that they were not going to do that. So the manual way to do it is to remove the customer directory and then switch to the skin.

My skin selector for this website running 2.1.3 shows only the Basic skin which I am running and Default blue skin. The drop down menu doesn’t have anymore options.

Do you know what causes this or how to fix it?

Have cleared cache and looked at it with different browsers. No other options for skins.

You are missing skins in your var/skins_repository directory. They are all directories that are named for each skin. You should have:

aquarelle_green
aquarelle_pink
aquarelle_red
aquarelle_yellow
artificial_casting
austere
base
basic
brickwork_dark_steel
brickwork_sky_blue
brickwork_steel_gray
brickwork_yellow_green
cars
computer_shop
consultant
dark_whiteness
default_blue
default_green
default_magenta
default_orange
default_red
dusky
electro
flower_shop
fresh_pick
green_web
index.php
just
lingerie
lite_blue
lite_orange
lite_red
lite_yellow
lolly
new_vision_blue
new_vision_red
new_vision_yellow
package
projection
redish
solitude
sport
temper
toy_store
yellow_blue

[quote name=‘TBOTECH’]My skin selector for this website running 2.1.3 shows only the Basic skin which I am running and Default blue skin. The drop down menu doesn’t have anymore options.

Do you know what causes this or how to fix it?

Have cleared cache and looked at it with different browsers. No other options for skins.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you are using the Pro Version or the community version?

I am using 2.1.3 Professional.

I don’t have any of those directories except base within that folder.

Used to but after the upgrade, I no longer do.

Then you should contact support and/or file a bug if an upgrade took away your other skin directories.