Need to collect CC info for free product

We have a club the users can join for free that, once they join, has us send them a shipment of products quarterly. We don’t charge for the membership but we do charge them quarterly for the shipments.

So when they check out with the membership product I need to collect their CC info. Is there a way to do this?

One way I am thinking, which is a hack, would be to add some CC fields above the comments field and use jQuery to combine them all into the comments field when the order button is pushed. This would at least get the CC info into the order record even though its not in the normal CC area.

I believe (think) I read somewhere that CS-Cart is working on a “Recurring Billing” feature, if so that may be your best bet.

[quote name=‘Struck’]I believe (think) I read somewhere that CS-Cart is working on a “Recurring Billing” feature, if so that may be your best bet.[/QUOTE]

Yep, you can check out the “Recurring billing” feature in the Admin->Orders tab. It appears you can set the initial price independently of the recurring price which should do what you want. I delieve this is supposed to be available in the 2.0.9 release.

Bob

Where, should I go to check out this feature? I don’t see it in my Admin. Is there a 2.0.9 demo that it can be seen at?

[quote name=‘chuck cheeze’]Where, should I go to check out this feature? I don’t see it in my Admin. Is there a 2.0.9 demo that it can be seen at?[/QUOTE]

labs.cs-cart.com/admin

However, this feature needs more work to be done.