Need some ideas

Hi Lads…

I´m just going to start a new on-line shop and I have been thinking how to do it and it is driving me crazy…

Well the story is I´m going to sell bottles with liquid in and they are sold in boxes (each box will be 8 bottles of 1 liter and another bigger box will have 18 bottles of 2 liters in).

I have tried to build it using the Items “options” but when I make the 2 differents options and I marked it as required It shows 1 box 8 liters option price, and I would like to show the liter price and then the customer should select any of those options.

Am I missing a easiest or even better way to do this? if any of you can give me a hand I ´ll be thankful

use quantity step

for each product put the per litre price in

then set quantity step as 8 for the 8 per box

then list qty count must be set m i put in 144 for max 144 boxes

Thanks Kogi…

I´ve tried what you recommended me but… I think cs-cart wont cover all my needs…

I´m going to sell chemical products ( I think they will be difficult to sell… but I´m going to try) I will explain one case:

Multipurpose cleaner:

I will sell it in different formats, boxes, etc…:

BOX OF 8 UNITS OF 1 LITERS EACH

BOX OF 18 UNITS OF 1 LITERS EACH

BOX OF 4 CARAFES OF 5 LITERS EACH

BOX OF 10 CARAFES OF 2 LITERS EACH

BOX OF 4 CARAFES OF 2 LITERS EACH

The rest of products are in the same format basically… Does someone know if there´s a posibility to configure this? with options it doesnt really works because if someone wants to buy 2 boxes of 4 carafes he will also have to buy 1 box of 8 units of 1 liter (It´s minimal buy so I have to mark it as requiered) if I removed the requiered item the customer could buy just 1 liter and I can not sell less tha 8 liters which it is a box.

Thanks to all

The only way to currently do this in CS-Cart is to create multiple identical base products with the only difference being the different “unit of measure’s” you are offering your customers… This is why CS-Cart needs a true “Product Bundling” feature added, to allow bundling of identical products into different package sizes. :idea:

Example: I sell 12 oz cans of PepsiCola, I need to offer them in 6 Packs, 12 Packs, and Cartons of 24, and of course all of these package size offerings should be displayed from a single product page description.

Although I am not a fan of Magento, they do product bundling very well and will probably be a better choice for the time being to fulfill your needs. :rolleyes: