Need really simple shipping method

Hi there,

The CS-Cart shipping possibilities are great but:

We want to have a very simple shipping method for our store.

The vendor enters the cost for shipping the product under products > product > tab shipping properties.

We do not want to add any dependencies for shipping charges under shipping & taxes > shipping methods > shipping method > tab shipping charges

But if we do not define a dependency (cost, weight, number) the shipping will not work. Entering '0' for cost in defined dependencies results in no shipping available.

So our question is: How can we use just the shipping freight value (from product shipping properties tab) for calculating the product shipping cost without having the notice 'no shipping available' at checkout ?

thanks!

[quote name='iconist' timestamp='1312730590' post='119056']

But if we do not define a dependency (cost, weight, number) the shipping will not work. Entering '0' for cost in defined dependencies results in no shipping available.

So our question is: How can we use just the shipping freight value (from product shipping properties tab) for calculating the product shipping cost without having the notice 'no shipping available' at checkout ?

thanks!

[/quote]

you need to set more than one cost dependancy, Ive just done

it on mine the way you suggested and it works.

under cost dependancies you need to have 2 lots, the first as

More than £ 0 price £0.00

More than £ 10,000 price £0.00

or higher than your expected maximun order, i put 10,000 as its a

stupidly high amount fot a store

this will calculate the shippig as set in each product at the checkout.

I think theres no other way to make such a shipping nethod, using just

one cost gives up the no shipping avaliable.

Images below, shipping for the products for testing this were set as

£1.00 for the 100g, £2.00 for the 200g and £3.00 for the 300g

Snap_2011.08.08 00.27.01_002.png

Snap_2011.08.08 00.28.23_004.png

[quote]

this will calculate the shippig as set in each product at the checkout.

I think theres no other way to make such a shipping nethod, using just

one cost gives up the no shipping avaliable.

Images below, shipping for the products for testing this were set as

£1.00 for the 100g, £2.00 for the 200g and £3.00 for the 300g

[/quote]

thanks ! sounds great - unfortunately we could not test it. we get the ‘no shippin available’ notification at checkout :-(

• all countries are active in ‘countries’
  • all countries are active in ‘locations’
  • settings > shipping settings is not deactivated (but no processor activated)
  • the vendor has an active shipping method - with rate calculation set to manual (by defined location)

configuration of shipping is really hard in cs cart.

Hello iconist,

We are sorry to hear that you experience such a problem.

The problem may have occurred because no shipping methods are set for your location.

In this case you should follow the instructions in the “No shipping options displayed” article of our Knowledge base: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation .

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support Team

I too am having problems getting my shipping properties working. I just want to ship within the USA for now, but when I set Localizations to active, all the navigation links on my site disappear! I want to set up shipping with UPS that’s dependent on weight to display shipping charges to customers. Is there a “Shipping in CS-Cart for Dummies” floating around anywhere? LOL! Thanks for any help :blink:

[quote name=‘nikmark’ timestamp=‘1321634061’ post=‘126237’]

I too am having problems getting my shipping properties working. I just want to ship within the USA for now, but when I set Localizations to active, all the navigation links on my site disappear! I want to set up shipping with UPS that’s dependent on weight to display shipping charges to customers. Is there a “Shipping in CS-Cart for Dummies” floating around anywhere? LOL! Thanks for any help :blink:

[/quote]

Hint = Do not confuse “Localizations” with “Locations” ;)

Any idea as to why my site navigation and links disappear when I enable Localizations?

[quote name='nikmark' timestamp='1322058392' post='126636']

Any idea as to why my site navigation and links disappear when I enable Localizations?

[/quote]

Has anyone found an answer to this problem?

Struck has, two posts back :)