Need help with moving my store to the root

Hello,

Can someone point me in the right place, where I can see how to transfer my website from a subfolder to the root of my server?

Thank you

Tom

Hi

Just copy all your files over from the sub folder to the root and then change in the local.config.php the line where you state the name tof the folder to nothing, meaning delete the name of the folder in order for the software to know that now is running under root.

Fotis

[quote name='dvsgr' timestamp='1340166605' post='139051']

Hi

Just copy all your files over from the sub folder to the root and then change in the local.config.php the line where you state the name tof the folder to nothing, meaning delete the name of the folder in order for the software to know that now is running under root.

Fotis

[/quote]

The folder local.config.php what should the it be 755 or 644?

any help please?

Tom

[color=#393939][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Before you proceed to the next step please make sure you have the appropriate permissions for the following

CS-Cart files and directories:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5B5B5B][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]config.local.php - read/write for all users (666)

/images (and all its subdirectories) - read/write/execute for all users (777)

/skins - read/write/execute for all users (777)

/var (and all its subdirectories) - read/write/execute for all users (777)[/size][/font][/color]

[color=gray][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]John[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1340172526' post='139056']

[color=#393939][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Before you proceed to the next step please make sure you have the appropriate permissions for the following

CS-Cart files and directories:[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#5B5B5B][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]config.local.php - read/write for all users (666)

/images (and all its subdirectories) - read/write/execute for all users (777)

/skins - read/write/execute for all users (777)

/var (and all its subdirectories) - read/write/execute for all users (777)[/size][/font][/color]

[color=gray][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]John[/size][/font][/color]

[/quote]

Thanks, but all my links in the search engine room are dead now, is there away to fix that?

Do you mean google webmaster tools, if so you may need to do a 301 redirect

John

[quote name=‘johnbol1’ timestamp=‘1340208293’ post=‘139089’]

Do you mean google webmaster tools, if so you may need to do a 301 redirect

John

[/quote]

Thank you, I have no idea how to do the 301 redirect, but I’ll try. :grin:

Hi

Try this A 301 Redirect Guide for the Clueless - TurboFuture

You need the single page redirect

Fotis

Hello,

I'm still having problem, it will not work. This is what I used. Redirect 301 /old.html [url=“http://www.mysite.com/new.html”]http://www.mysite.com/new.html[/url] away from adding my website there, is there anything esle that I need to change? do I need to change new.html or old.html?

Any help?

Thank you

Tom