Need Help to set up emails

I am new to CS Cart and not very computer literate. I tried setting up the email settings, but nothing works ie emails are not being sent out to customers nor administrator. Can someone please help me out. Many thanks in advance.

What did you set and where?

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]What did you set and where?[/QUOTE]

Hi Tbimseth,

My settings wer as follows:

Method: via smtp server

SMTP host: smtp.pacific.net.sg

SMTP user name: jkumar (I even tried jkumar@pacific.net.sg)

SMTP password: My password

Try using

SMTP host: mail.pacific.net.sg

[quote name=‘S-Combs’]Try using

SMTP host: mail.pacific.net.sg[/QUOTE]

Hi S-Combs,

Thanks for the help. But I am still getting the following error msg.

ErrorSMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.

ErrorMessage could not be sent.

Mailer Error: SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.

I got that information from this page (Technical tab) so thought it worth a shot.

[url]http://sg.pacnet.com/customer-services/[/url]

If you are using Outlook or another email client to connect to this server, what are the SMTP settings you are using for that?

If both PHPmail and Sendmail are ‘also’ not working then I suggest contacting your host to investigate… You might also look in the root of your store for a file named error_log to see if it contains any clues.

[quote name=‘S-Combs’]I got that information from this page (Technical tab) so thought it worth a shot.

[url]http://sg.pacnet.com/customer-services/[/url]

If you are using Outlook or another email client to connect to this server, what are the SMTP settings you are using for that?

If both PHPmail and Sendmail are ‘also’ not working then I suggest contacting your host to investigate… You might also look in the root of your store for a file named error_log to see if it contains any clues.[/QUOTE]

Thanks S-Combs,

The sendmail seems to be working. Will also try phpmail.Regards

The cannot connect message can come from 2 sources.

1. Actually can’t connect to the host
  2. A protocol failure in establishing a connection to send data (Connect, authenticate, validate).

So since the host name is valid, there are 3 other items to look at:
  3. The port number for connection. Most SMTP servers now days no longer accept connections on port 25, they use another port specific to their system to prevent spammers from choking their systems.
  4. The username/password for authentication
  5. The actual protocol of the message.

The problem is not #3 so it is either the port you are using or the user/password you are using to authenticate.

As S-Combs says, contact the host. They can tell you from their logs what they’re seeing in why your requests are failing.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]The cannot connect message can come from 2 sources.

1. Actually can’t connect to the host
  2. A protocol failure in establishing a connection to send data (Connect, authenticate, validate).

So since the host name is valid, there are 3 other items to look at:
  3. The port number for connection. Most SMTP servers now days no longer accept connections on port 25, they use another port specific to their system to prevent spammers from choking their systems.
  4. The username/password for authentication
  5. The actual protocol of the message.

The problem is not #3 so it is either the port you are using or the user/password you are using to authenticate.

As S-Combs says, contact the host. They can tell you from their logs what they’re seeing in why your requests are failing.[/QUOTE]

Thank you Tbirnseth. I will check with my host. Regards