Need Help- setting up additional shipping fees

I have really spent hours trying to figure this out.

I simply need all my inventory to be set up with flat shipping rates. I need the 1st item to be $4.99 and each additional item to be $1.99.

I currently have my “shipping freight” on all items set to $4.99. Then I tried everything I could figure out with the the “Shipping method properties” page, with no luck.

Can you please tell me exactly how to set this up?

Thank you very much!

using 1.3.5 sp2

Hi

Only way we can see to do it is…

Set all product shipping freights to 0.00

Create a custom shipping method (in shipping methods), setting the weight limit, tax and memberships etc to suit. Then, the bottom option “product amount” create your charges, ie, more than “0” items = $4.99, more than “1” items = $6.98, more than “2” items = $8.97 etc, adding $1.99 per item as high as you want to go … you could even offer free shipping at say more than “15” items = $0.00.

I haven’t tested this but can’t see why it wouldn’t work, I use weight based custom shipping and that works fine. You will need to make sure your destinations are set up. Also, in settings, make sure “disable Shipping” isn’t ticked.

BarryH

Hi, have just been to test this - works like a charm!!

BarryH

Thanks BarryH, I will give this a try very soon.

Another possibility similar to BarryH’s (though I have not tested).

Set up manual shipping method with:

1. Cost dependency: More then 0 - $4.99
  2. Item dependency: More than 1 item - $1.99 and check the Per item checkbox.

Bob

Ok , I will try one of these methods. Your last one seems pretty easy. I also wrote to support, here is their answer:

Let me explain how to set up one shipping cost for the first item and another one for each next item.

Open the “Shipping methods” page (the link to this page is in the “SHIPPINGS/TAXES” side box on the left of the page), add a new shipping method using the form at the bottom or edit the existing one by clicking on the “Edit” button next to the shipping method. The “Shipping method properties” page will be open.

Add a new cost for a product in the “Cost dependences” section in the following way:

1. enter the “0” value in the “More than $” field;
  2. Set “rate value” to 4.99.

Add a new cost for a product in the “Items dependences” section on the same page in the following way:
  3. enter the “0” value in the “More than $” field;
  4. set “rate value” to 0 and click on the symbol “plus”;
  5. enter the “1” value in the “More than $” field;
  6. set “rate value” to 1.99;
  7. enable the “per item” field;

After all these settings are done, click on the “Update” button.

Make sure that the “Shipping freight” option is disabled for your products on their “Update products” page.

I hope this is clear, but if you have any problems please let us know.

This is a better response given to me by CS Cart.

Please let me explain.

In order to set up the shipping costs the way you like you should do the following:

• Log in your administrator panel and open the “Shipping methods” page (the link to this page is in the “SHIPPINGS/TAXES” sidebox on the left of the page).
  • Create a new shipping method or choose the existing one.
  • Click on the “Edit” button of this shipping method. The “Shipping method properties” page will be open.
  • On that page select the desired destination in the “Show rates for destination:” box and click on its link.
  • In the “Cost dependences” section enter 0 into the “More than $” input field and price for the first item (you should enter 6.00) into the “Rate value” input field.
  • In the “Items dependences” section enter 0 into the “More than… items” input field and additional charge for the first and each additional item (you should enter 3.50) into the “Rate value” input field. Select the “Per item” check box in the row.
  • Click on the “Update” button at the bottom to save the changes.

The shipping method is set up. The shipping cost will be $9.50 if one item is ordered and extra $3.50 will be added to the cost per each additional item in case of 2 or more items.

Please check this and let me know the result.

Permanent article link is [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation .

[quote name=‘MADT’]This is a better response given to me by CS Cart.

Please let me explain.

In order to set up the shipping costs the way you like you should do the following:

• Log in your administrator panel and open the “Shipping methods” page (the link to this page is in the “SHIPPINGS/TAXES” sidebox on the left of the page).
  • Create a new shipping method or choose the existing one.
  • Click on the “Edit” button of this shipping method. The “Shipping method properties” page will be open.
  • On that page select the desired destination in the “Show rates for destination:” box and click on its link.
  • In the “Cost dependences” section enter 0 into the “More than $” input field and price for the first item (you should enter 6.00) into the “Rate value” input field.
  • In the “Items dependences” section enter 0 into the “More than… items” input field and additional charge for the first and each additional item (you should enter 3.50) into the “Rate value” input field. Select the “Per item” check box in the row.
  • Click on the “Update” button at the bottom to save the changes.

The shipping method is set up. The shipping cost will be $9.50 if one item is ordered and extra $3.50 will be added to the cost per each additional item in case of 2 or more items.

Please check this and let me know the result.

Permanent article link is [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation .[/QUOTE]

This sounds good. What if ON TOP of the above, when the order cost is more than $200, I want to give free shipping? How can I do this?

When 1 item bought: $9.50

Then additional item, add $3.50

But when the cost reaches $200, give free shipping <— how to set this?

Thanks.

[quote name=‘alanpro’]This sounds good. What if ON TOP of the above, when the order cost is more than $200, I want to give free shipping? How can I do this?

When 1 item bought: $9.50

Then additional item, add $3.50

But when the cost reaches $200, give free shipping <— how to set this?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

If you want to give free shipping when the order total is $200 or more, simply create a free shipping promotion.

All you need to do is:

• Create a new promotion
  • Add new condition for order total with “equal or greater” = $200
  • Add bonus for free shipping and select your desired ship method.

I use this in my store and it works perfectly.

[quote name=‘aritasky’]If you want to give free shipping when the order total is $200 or more, simply create a free shipping promotion.

All you need to do is:

• Create a new promotion
  • Add new condition for order total with “equal or greater” = $200
  • Add bonus for free shipping and select your desired ship method.

I use this in my store and it works perfectly.[/QUOTE]

Oh, thank you for the tip! I am still very new in this Cs-cart, still setting up, I haven’t touched promotion feature yet! Haha…

Now, I have headache with shipping methods, see here [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=12307[/url] :roll: