Need help in customising shipping settings

Hi there,

I was wondering if I can setup the following options for shipping. Do you think I can set these options with the shipping parameters in existing cs cart admin panel or do we need to modify them?

I want to set shipping as per 2 localisations we now have on cart: -

These 2 localisations are:

1. Australian customers
  2. Overseas customers

Australian Orders:

Orders from $1 to $200 will have flat shipping charge of $15

Packaging & Handling fee (only applies for orders over $200) – 5% of the total

cost of order.

Orders over $200 will have shipment rate of 10% of the total cost of order.

Orders over $750 – Free shipping

Overseas orders:

International Packaging & handling fee flat rate - $50

Quarantine inspection & phytosanitory certificate charge flat fee - $150

All orders upto $750 will have shipment rate of 20% of the total cost of order.

Orders over $750 – Free shipping

I should be able to change the above shipping options/ variables (figures) whenever needed.

Can anyone help me out with these please. Please let me know if anyone can offer services to setup these settings. I want to get this done at the earliest.

The store is still under construction and not open to public yet. PL visit at:

www.plantbiotech.com.au/store

Cheers,

Anil

Australia

cs cart version 2.1.1

I don’ think you can do this within the current cart offering. The trouble comes in with having a handling fee and a shipping cost in the same “spread”. Now if you had said orders over $200 and less than $750 would have a shipping charge of %15 of the order total, that should be doable.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]I don’ think you can do this within the current cart offering. The trouble comes in with having a handling fee and a shipping cost in the same “spread”. Now if you had said orders over $200 and less than $750 would have a shipping charge of %15 of the order total, that should be doable.[/QUOTE]

I see…whats the easiest option you can suggest…I would appreciate any suggestions or guidence.

Or if you think the options mentioned above can be customisable then would it be possible to do it and how much it would cost please.

[quote name=‘Anil’]I see…whats the easiest option you can suggest…I would appreciate any suggestions or guidence.

Or if you think the options mentioned above can be customisable then would it be possible to do it and how much it would cost please.[/QUOTE]

Any chance you can just incorporate your handling fees into the cost of the product? That would solve 50% of your problem

The knowledge base related to shipping does a pretty good job of describing the configuration options for manual shipping methods. Just remember that some things like “weight” apply to single items, not what’s in the cart and there is no way to say “add 15% to the cost of shipping if…”