Need help importing csv file to cscart site???

hi all… I try to import csv file to my site but couldn’t do it can anyone help…do I have to make the categories in admin of site first before upload the csv file…??? can anyone familiar with this script give advice or provide service please!

You only have to create the manufacturer names. The Category, Product name, etc will be created by the import script. You need to make sure the header is correct for each column.

Take a look at [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation for an example.

Regards,

Ralph

is there a way to import manufacturer’s names together with the rest of the info and associated to a product code?

Yes you have field supplier for each product

It’s manufacturer?

I refer to be able to import all manufacturers before asigning a product to it. If you have, say, 1000 products with the corresponding manufacturer fields and product codes in a CSV and you import it without having 1st added manually all manufacturer’s names and logos, the field “manufacturer” is just not imported.

So, the way I see it, one must 1st enter all manufacturer’s names and logos one by one to then import the CSV telling which products belong to which manufacturer.

If you have to add manually 3 or 10 manufacturer’s name, no problem, but when you have 90 or 200, then it becomes tiresome.

My question: is there a way to upload all manufacturer’s names and logos in one single step?

I do not know if I explained myself well, do let me know.

In short, no.

You will need to add the manufacturers before you can assign them to the products.

I suppose if you already have a file with all of the manufacturers info then you might be able to import it via phpmyadmin. If I can remember correctly, the two tables that hold the manufacturers data is cscart_common and cscart_common images.

If you can get that far then you shouldn’t have a problem figuring out how to add the manufacturers to the products.

That’s what I thought. Thanks for the reply, I’ll try thru phpmyadmin and if not, I will just keep my Neutrogena handlotion handy to soothe my aching fingers :smiley:

I have the exact same issue!

I have a huge number of manufacturers, is using phpmyadmin really efficient? From what I understood, I need to insert in the DB a line of code for each manufacturers. Let’s say I have a liste, is there a way to enter all that list in phpmyadmin by using one command line?