Need Help Finding Where Cart Stores Shipping Php Files

Hi Everyone,

As of version 4.X of cs-cart, Temando was added as a shipper! Yay!

So I paid some money to Temando to open an account, and I go to add my account to to the Temando backend in CS-Cart and of course, in true CS-Cart style, it doesn't actually work because like all the crap that CS does, the module wasn't written properly.

So I email support to get some help, and naturally, they want me to pay to customize a this new shipper that was already supposed to be in the cart and working and advertised as such.

I don't really understand why they added if it required customization to be able to be used, but I guess that's the way this company operates.

I have very little trust in the makers of CS-Cart, and I am definitely am not going to pay them a cent.

So, rather than lose the money I've already paid to start my account, I am trying to find where the data is sent to the temando API in the cs-cart code so I can attempt to fix it myself seeing as the idiots at CS wont help.

I have found the backend code, but that doesn't help me in the slightest, so can someone point me to where I need to be looking? specifically where the cart sends the data to the Temendo API ?

I would appreciate any help here. And if anyone has actually gotten Temendo to work with cs-cart could you tell me how you did it ?

Thanks!

/app/Tygh/Shippings/Services/Temando.php

Thanks man I really appreciate it… I still cant believe that CS has released this buggy crap as part of their feature addons which is completely broken and doesn’t even work then expect ME to pay for them to fix their own buggy code… It just blows me away…

I did a fresh install, put it in test mode and lo and behold it still doesn’t work :)

So I enter my username and password into their buggy module and it doesn’t work even better!

Shipping service:Temando: All Australian Logistics: General RoadWeight:10.00 lbsError:Err_Format: The ‘originCountry’, ‘originCode’ and ‘originSuburb’ elements (within the ‘Anywhere’ type) do not contain valid values. These values must match with the predefined settings in the Temando system.

I wonder if these people actually test the crap they release… They probably release it buggy so they can find some sucker that will buy the cart because of it, only to find it’s broken out of the box… then when they ask for support, cs will ask them to pay for it to be fixed…

[quote name='bytraper' timestamp='1403843871' post='186520']

Thanks man I really appreciate it… I still cant believe that CS has released this buggy crap as part of their feature addons which is completely broken and doesn't even work then expect ME to pay for them to fix their own buggy code… It just blows me away…

[/quote]

Make sure that the Temando API was not changed recently. If it was, CS-Cart team should fix it free of charge.

Report it in the bug tracker. http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/

For anyone else trying to get Temando to work, there's a few problems with the add-on.

It takes your shipping address from your Settings/Company information. If your details aren't written as per Temando expects (eg Australia as AU, Victoria as VIC and your postcode to match what's in their system,then it will give you an Origin error (which is what I got at first).

For me I had Parramatta as my listed town, but temando doesn't recognise Paramatta, but it does recognise PARRAMATTA.

So for a start you have to make sure your origin address is correct by using Temando to let you know your correct suburb spelling and layout.

But when you fix that, you have another problem. The destination address!

The Temando system expects you to choose as you type in… For example you start with P (first letter of PARRAMATTA) and it brings up a list of suburbs and gets closer to the correct one as you keep typing and finally you select the town in full.

CS didn't add this part (called the AVS or address validation system), so if you are a customer and you type Parramatta as your city the Temando API wont recognise your destination and will just error out and not give any prices.

I've been on the phone and email with Temando for hours and the support guy finally gave up and told me to get CS-cart to contact them so they could get the addon properly done.

You could by chance get the destination in the right format, but for most of the address I entered they just wouldn't work.

[quote name='bytraper' timestamp='1404105258' post='186612']

For anyone else trying to get Temando to work, there's a few problems with the add-on.

It takes your shipping address from your Settings/Company information. If your details aren't written as per Temando expects (eg Australia as AU, Victoria as VIC and your postcode to match what's in their system,then it will give you an Origin error (which is what I got at first).

For me I had Parramatta as my listed town, but temando doesn't recognise Paramatta, but it does recognise PARRAMATTA.

So for a start you have to make sure your origin address is correct by using Temando to let you know your correct suburb spelling and layout.

But when you fix that, you have another problem. The destination address!

The Temando system expects you to choose as you type in… For example you start with P (first letter of PARRAMATTA) and it brings up a list of suburbs and gets closer to the correct one as you keep typing and finally you select the town in full.

CS didn't add this part (called the AVS or address validation system), so if you are a customer and you type Parramatta as your city the Temando API wont recognise your destination and will just error out and not give any prices.

I've been on the phone and email with Temando for hours and the support guy finally gave up and told me to get CS-cart to contact them so they could get the addon properly done.

You could by chance get the destination in the right format, but for most of the address I entered they just wouldn't work.

[/quote]

Hello

did you manage to get temando to work

regards

Hi

sorry to be a pest but did you temando to work

regards

Hi Beads,

Sorry for the delay, I don't check the forums all that often.

No, we couldn't get it working at all. Cs-Cart told us they would fix it, but each time I email them they tell me they haven't made any progress on it. They are probably too busy making more addons with bugs to release into the cart just so they can add more stuff that doesn't work to the carts feature list.

We're getting to the point where we will try and find a third party to fix cs-carts bugs.

It doen't appear that you, nor anyone else, has reported it in the bug tracker as well.