Need help changing font color

Im trying to change the font color on the Blocks names. As far as i know you have to actually do that in the style.css folder.

Also im not quite sure what the difference is between the style.base.css and the stle.css files.

Maybe you guys cant let me know the difference.

Now i am using firebug but new to it and not fully sure on what to do.

am i suppose to click on the font on the main page to find out what line it is on in the style.css file.

cause i did that and im not to sure on what im looking at.

it says that its on line 9 in style.base.css but that shows a border code. So what do i do?

On firebug im not even sure what im looking at too.

Here you can find the instructions about changing the element font and color: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

[quote name='orangegirl' timestamp='1318836494' post='123859']

Here you can find the instructions about changing the element font and color: CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

[/quote]

In that article you posted, its talking about my changes, and hooks. It mentions to create a file in the my_changes/hooks of my current skin and them to make another style.css file in there.

Does that mean what ever I put in there will change in the original style.css?

Whatever you put in there will override your styles in styles.css, this helps so that when you updates your changes are still saved and not overwritten by the potential new .css file.

You should use the my changes addon wherever possible if you plan on updating your store anytime.

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1318871193' post='123894']

Whatever you put in there will override your styles in styles.css, this helps so that when you updates your changes are still saved and not overwritten by the potential new .css file.

You should use the my changes add-on wherever possible if you plan on updating your store any time.

[/quote]

Now what about the style.base.css? what's the difference style.css and style.base.css? Could I also create a file for both the style.base.css and style.css?

Guess I also need to do a little research on how to use the my changes addon.

styles.base is cart wide .css I reckon. Styles.css changes the styles just for your cosen skin.

John

Thanks John for the info.

Create the following directories path in the root directory of your CS-Cart installation:

skins/[CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN]/customer/addons/my_changes/hooks/index, where [CUSTOMER_ACTIVE_SKIN] is an active skin of your storefront.

Im assuming I have to create these directories if they aren't there.

My directory looks like this:

skins/basic/customer/addons/my_changes/hooks/index.

I created the styles.post.tpl in the index directory and put in “” in the style.post.tpl. (minus the “”)

I then created the style.base.css folder in the my_changes directory.

Now as far as what I'm understanding from the knowledge base is that I copy the code such as

For example:

.mainbox-title span {

color: #2de2de;

font: bold 26px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

}

and say i wanted to change the color I use the exact same code and put in the new colour code so it would look like this:

For example:

.mainbox-title span {

color: #E1771E;

font: bold 26px Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

}

I put that code in the style,base.css file and nothing seems to be working… like it didnt do anything, did I miss a step?

You put styles.base.css, but as I understand it you have styles.css in the mychanges hook.

and I thought it was styles.css you wanted to change.

John

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1319042203' post='124054']

You put styles.base.css, but as I understand it you have styles.css in the mychanges hook.

and I thought it was styles.css you wanted to change.

John

[/quote]

Well I have style.css, style.base.css, and dropdown.css in the my_changes directory.

I thought you had to have each file in there if you were changing something in them?

Im doing multiple changes in all 3 of those files…

If I had something I wanted to change in the style.css, wouldn't I copy that container, paste it in the style.css in the my_changes and change whatever I'm wanting to change?

Yes, and try clear your cache to see the changes.

John

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1319046702' post='124062']

Yes, and try clear your cache to see the changes.

John

[/quote]

tried that=/

but let me ask you this, do i need to copy the whole style.css into the my_changes/style.css?

Or just the code part I want to save and edit

no just the class changes

John

[quote name='xtremeindustries' timestamp='1319048579' post='124063']

tried that=/

but let me ask you this, do i need to copy the whole style.css into the my_changes/style.css? Or just the code part I want to save and edit

[/quote]

-No need to call it style.css, better change it to my-style.css, for easy view on firebug.

-No need to repeat all, declare only the css property you want to modify:

.mainbox-title span {color: #E1771E;}

[quote name='colortone' timestamp='1319053771' post='124069']

-No need to call it style.css, better change it to my-style.css, for easy view on firebug.

-No need to repeat all, declare only the css property you want to modify:

.mainbox-title span {color: #E1771E;}

[/quote]

You said i should prolly change style.css to well something differnt, and i did, changed it to my_styles.css

Do i also have to change this:

To this:

[quote name='xtremeindustries' timestamp='1319057392' post='124072']

[/quote] Sure, that's the path telling csc where to find the new file. Change the name there too.

So now when you use firebug, it will recognize the properties declared in that file. So you know it works.

[quote name='colortone' timestamp='1319059075' post='124074']

Sure, that's the path telling csc where to find the new file. Change the name there too.

So now when you use firebug, it will recognize the properties declared in that file. So you know it works.

[/quote]

Thanks for the help, going to try this out tonight and see how it works, or hopefully get it to work!