my sql overload

My host Hostgator has stopped my website for the following reason, it has been working fine with the same content for more than a year and now suddenly there are problems

what can be done to rectify this?

Please help

See below

“”“”“”““Hello,

I have granted restricted access to your IP address. Please update us with what type of changes you have made and where we can see that they were made using as much detail as possible. Once we have verified that effective changes have been made, we will be able to restore access to your site.

Just because you haven't logged on to the site in a bit does not mean that internal changes and growth can not happen. Looking at the cscart_stat_banners_log the entries span from Sun Jun 24 02:58:56 CDT 2012 to Sun Oct 28 16:42:58 CDT 2012, with 985087 entries. My suggestion would be to get rid of anything before October.

THe entriest in cscart_stat_requests span a similar range Thu Jun 7 23:37:38 CDT 2012 to Sun Oct 28 16:42:56 CDT 2012, with 218427. The same solution I believe can be applied to this table as well.

The issue is a combination of the queries and the table schema, which is a combination of the column's and the indexes on the table.

Reducing the size of the tables will help in reducing issues with the server.

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us. Have a wonderful day.

Best Wishes,””“”“”[list]

[*]'

[/list]

Hello,

If you reply back to this with your IP address ([url=“Web Hosting - 2022's Best Website Hosting | HostGator”]http://www.hostgator.com/ip.shtml[/url]) we will be more than happy to go ahead enable HTTP access for you, so that you can safely work on the script without it causing further issues. Please let us know how you would like to proceed.

Unfortunately I do not have any specific recommendations for this script, however, in general, adding some sort of caching mechanism, where the script does not need to generate a new page with every request, helps to lower the over load that a script will cause. Likely the original author or support group of the software that you are using will be able to help you to understand how to add something of this nature.

The stat tables are getting large in terms of rows.

±------------------------------±----------------------------±-----------+

| table_schema | table_name | table_rows |

±------------------------------±----------------------------±-----------+

| database223 | cscart_stat_banners_log | 985087 |

| database223 | cscart_stat_requests | 218427 |

| database223 | cscart_common_descriptions | 124215 |

| database223 | cscart_images | 124075 |

| database223 | cscart_seo_names | 65347 |

| database223 | cscart_products_categories | 64831 |

| database223 | cscart_images_links | 64707 |

| database223 | cscart_products | 64627 |

| database223 | cscart_product_prices | 64623 |