My hosting accounts got supsend because of cs-cart

[quote name=‘clips’]I’m not for sure, but I am beginning to think that CS-Cart may struggle when it is on a Windows server. I have read varios threads from other users that say CS-Cart works best on Linux server. After fighting and figthing to try to get a better load time I am beginning to think the whole issue is the fact that the site is loaded on a Windows server.

Since we are on a “shared” package right now, we are going to try a VPS or dedicated server and see how that works.

I do know that I have not had any issues with other sites which are loaded on a Linux server in a “shared” package.

Thanks,

Clips[/QUOTE]

We had the some problems on windows based server. Slow load time, no mode rewrite (only some alternatives) and had problems with listmania “scroller” in firefox and safari.

On linux server Cs-cart works more better.

[quote name=‘ThomH’]We had the some problems on windows based server. Slow load time, no mode rewrite (only some alternatives) and had problems with listmania “scroller” in firefox and safari.

On linux server Cs-cart works more better.[/QUOTE]

Yes, we have ran into MANY, MANY problems too. The biggest problem was the SLOW load time. We are now working to set up the site on a linux server. The sad part is we wasted a couple of months tyring to use a Windows server. The good part is now even CS-Cart mentions that it is better to use something other than Windows on their “requirements” page at…

[url]https://www.cs-cart.com/requirements.html[/url]

Thanks,

Clips

We have now moved newtsgames.com on to a VPS. The difference in speed is unbelievable! I would not recommend anyone put CS on to a Windows server as the site will be VERY bad.

I do still struggle with the speed of CS overall. The new javascripts and style sheets that CS is creating are growning at an alarming rate in size! While I know all of the new bells and whistles look cool and are nice, it doesn’t do much good if the site is still going to load too slow and the customer leaves. So we continue to mess with things on the site to figure out what works best.

The biggest “drag” or slow down area on a CS site is during the checkout process. CS says it is because we are going over a secure line (ssl). While I understand a SSL will slow things down, it should not be that much. A perfest example is when I check out on our site at newtscards.com the ssl goes pretty fast. When I check out on newtsgames.com the ssl takes at least twice the time, if not more. The sad part is the site at newtscards.com is an old shopping cart working on a shared server. The site at newtsgames.com is a VPS and a brand new site. They both use the same processor from the exact same account so it doesn’t make sense that newtsgames.com would run that much slower.

i use mine on a VPS and it runs great. I gave up on shared hosting years ago