My day

I have been trialling cs cart for a week or so, and at first was impressed with how easy it was to change the design layout and settings , and to load products individually. There were one or two niggles with the shopping cart and a bigger one in that you dont appear to be able show the detail of matching products without showing the detail of all the rest of the product tabs, but generally impressions were favourable

However today I started to try some bulk uploads and although the basic products details loaded ok

1. I was unable to get the product feature (manufacturer) to link any product using the csv file
  2. I was unable to get the images to link even though the upload reported only one error ( a missing pic)

After several hours trying various options I decided I would just attempt a few trial purchases on my real products only to find that all my attempts to connect to the caart came back with a server too busy error , even though I am running it on my localhost and nothing else was running at the time.

So after 14 hours I seemed to have achieved precisely nothing :frowning:

Off to bed now with the hope I may get some inspiration over the weekend

Once it clicks you will love and hate it, but it’s the BEST

Incorrect “server” configuration?

[quote name=‘gartindale’]I have been trialling cs cart for a week or so, and at first was impressed with how easy it was to change the design layout and settings , and to load products individually. There were one or two niggles with the shopping cart and a bigger one in that you dont appear to be able show the detail of matching products without showing the detail of all the rest of the product tabs, but generally impressions were favourable

However today I started to try some bulk uploads and although the basic products details loaded ok

1. I was unable to get the product feature (manufacturer) to link any product using the csv file
  2. I was unable to get the images to link even though the upload reported only one error ( a missing pic)

After several hours trying various options I decided I would just attempt a few trial purchases on my real products only to find that all my attempts to connect to the caart came back with a server too busy error , even though I am running it on my localhost and nothing else was running at the time.

So after 14 hours I seemed to have achieved precisely nothing :frowning:

Off to bed now with the hope I may get some inspiration over the weekend[/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘Darius’]Incorrect “server” configuration?[/QUOTE]

I haven’t changed the configuration, and it was working ok before. I have tried clearing the cache etc , still not connecting :frowning: