My CS-Cart Experience with Hosting Companies

If you are looking for good hosting in the UK i highly recommend www.vidahost.com. Their support is excellent and the pricing is also favorable to others.

[quote name=‘AleksB’]If you are looking for good hosting in the UK i highly recommend www.vidahost.com. Their support is excellent and the pricing is also favorable to others.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your opinion. I think we are going to stick with hostgator even if we moved to UK. haha! :wink:

[quote name=‘norm111’]I would be interested in hearing from those that use hostgator’s VPS, which level of the service they use. I.e level one for $19.95 or the many other levels above and is it worth it over the low low price of shared hosting?

level one is $19.95 a month or $240 a year compared to say $50 a year shared hosting.

Are your sites special in some way that VPS is better for it? just asking.[/QUOTE]

There is nothing really special about my sites. I actually host several sites for clients. I have a level 4 account with WHM and extra IP’s so I’m paying ~$1000.00/yr. From the webhost side it’s important to remember that it’s still a shared service but that you are guaranteed the CPU share so barring an unusual problem the VPS containers don’t normally affect each other. I moved from a reseller account to the VPS for the guaranteed CPU share more, the ability to install/modify ssl certs without having to pay HG each time I wanted to do something and full root access. The VPS also allows overselling if that’s something that someone wanted to do, I don’t but I thought I’d mention it as it’s not allowed on the HG reseller accounts. According to HG if it’s performance on a budget that you want you are better off staying shared as you can get more CPU power that way.

I have tinkered with web hosts since the internet was very young.

The rather magical host I am now with is the one it appears I have

been searching for.

$35pm Australian and it’s easy to set up multiple domains.

I will not mention a name here.

PM If your business is Australian based.

Hi all.

I have been using Bluehost fot the last 2-3 years.

Must say they are reliable and fast compared to my previous experience with Powweb.

Bluehost is enforcing now a 50 thousand file limit ( for example they consider each images, each email, etc, etc a 1 file) if one don’t comply they will suspend the account.

Would like to know if other hosting companies like cyberlnc, hostgator, etc, etc also enforce that file limit?

thanks a lot!!

Go to Martfox and chose the CS-Cart Semi-VPS. There are no limits except space and BW. They are very fast because of limited nuber of accounts on each server.