My CS-Cart Experience with Hosting Companies

In the past i’ve used Godaddy and Cyberlnc before using Host Gator VPS. Godaddy spoiled me with telephone support and step by step instructions on how to properly install items, but CS-Cart was very slow on their shared server. My site with Cyberlnc was fast on a shared server and e-mail support was awesome, but no online chat and very limited phone support bothered me. HostGator the most expensive of the three hosting companies I’ve ever dealt with has speeds equal to Cyberlnc with excellent phone, e-mail, and chat support. I don’t think I’ve waited any longer than 2-3 minutes before I was able to chat/talk with someone who assisted my issues quickly. If your looking for a main stream hosting company I would put Host Gator on the list if speed, live chat support, and phone support is important to you.

I hope, this will be a good lesson to some of the people here.

Telephone support is a [COLOR=“Red”]MUST[/COLOR] if you’re running an e-commerce website!

There’s nothing better than having a chat with someone on the other side. It’s quicker that writing any emails. While you write, a few customers can walk away from your website and some bucks may be lost.

Still thinking: cheap and good?

BTW. GoDaddy gives you almost no memory and very limited CPU usage.

Oh boy another hosting thread. I can’t wait!

It would seem that KBM is a little bit misinformed or unaware of the many support options available at CyberLNC!

The following is a brief outline of the many support options currently available to all our hosting clients:

*****************************************************************************************************

[COLOR=“Blue”]1. Support ticket system fully monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

(Average customer response times are less than 15 minutes for most tickets)

2. Live chat support via the CyberLNC Messaging Network which is an

instant messaging network exclusively for CyberLNC hosting clients

3. Live chat support via most major messaging networks including

MSN, Skype, Yahoo, and Google’s GTalk

4. Toll free phone support and monitored message boxes (North America)

5. Web site based contact and response pages, FAQ, and knowledge base

6. Support requests from control panel and also direct email support[/COLOR]

*****************************************************************************************************

In addition to all the above support options, we also have a customer alert feed on Twitter

and currently under construction and coming very soon is a brand new support forum

meant to further supplement all of the above support option and give our clients yet another avenue

for support with a focus on more generalized support questions.

EDIT: We are also in the process of putting together a blog with additional support tips

and helpful information for all our hosting clients.

CyberLNC Web Hosting

http://www.cyberlnc.com

[quote name=‘CyberLNC’]It would seem that KBM is a little bit misinformed or unaware of the many support options available at CyberLNC!

The following is a brief outline of the many support options currently available to all our hosting clients:

[COLOR=“Blue”]1. Support ticket system fully monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

(Average customer response times are less than 15 minutes for most tickets)

2. Live chat support via the CyberLNC Messaging Network which is an

instant messaging network exclusively for CyberLNC hosting clients

3. Live chat support via most major messaging networks including

MSN, Skype, Yahoo, and Google’s GTalk

4. Toll free phone support and monitored message boxes (North America)

5. Web site based contact and response pages, FAQ, and knowledge base

6. Support requests from control panel and also direct email support[/COLOR]

In addition to all the above support options, we also have a customer alert feed on Twitter

and currently under construction and coming very soon is a brand new support forum

meant to further supplement all of the above support option and give our clients yet another avenue

for support with a focus on more generalized support questions.

EDIT: We are also in the process of putting together a blog with additional support tips

and helpful information for all our hosting clients.

CyberLNC Web Hosting

http://www.cyberlnc.com[/QUOTE]

I attempted option 4 several times with no answer, and I was not aware of option 3 unfortunately. I’d suggest going to Providesupport.com and placing a Live Chat image on your homepage like H.G because it’s simple , fast, and easy to find. I did not move from Cyberlnc because of performance and uptime. I’m in no way of bashing Cyberlnc look at my old post. I was happy being hosted at Cyberlnc; however, I simply moved because I need instant phone/chat support when anything goes wrong.

I’m not saying HostGator is the best it could be the worse a year from now. The first post is only my first impression. A forum is a place to share information from one person to the other and since I’m not able to offer technical advice I wanted to pitch in and offer my personal experience using CS-Cart with different hosting providers.

When my website is down

I…

hate emails

hate blogs

hate forums

hate support tickets

hate all live chats

hate answering machines

hate FAQ and KBs

and…

I hate all forms of communications except for phone calls from 8am till 8pm to my hosting company. And this is what I have.

[quote name=‘KBM’]I attempted option 4 several times with no answer, and I was not aware of option 3 unfortunately. I’d suggest going to Providesupport.com and placing a Live Chat image on your homepage like H.G because it’s simple , fast, and easy to find. I did not move from Cyberlnc because of performance and uptime. I’m in no way of bashing Cyberlnc look at my old post. I was happy being hosted at Cyberlnc; however, I simply moved because I need instant phone/chat support when anything goes wrong.

I’m not saying HostGator is the best it could be the worse a year from now. The first post is only my first impression. A forum is a place to share information from one person to the other and since I’m not able to offer technical advice I wanted to pitch in and offer my personal experience using CS-Cart with different hosting providers.[/QUOTE]

I was wrapped with hostgator too till I noticed really weird 500 errors popping up at random on the site. I moved to cyberlnc and haven’t had any trouble at all.

In terms of support - I know they don’t have phone support thats easily accessible but this morning my site was offline as my designer managed to stuff it up and Cyberlnc went in and sorted it out for me straight away. If it wasnt for them I would have had to wait 6 or 7 hours for my designer to be available as he’s not local. I was very glad to be hosted with cyberlnc this morning, and not being able to speak to them didn’t really make a difference.

I know you’re not discrediting cyberlnc in any way, I only thought I would post what my experience has been to add to the discussion.

I am with 1and1 and having problems with import freezing after about 100-150 records After increasing the config local memory_limit to 256m, nothing changed. Then cs cart support told me my buffering output on the server with 1and1 was set to nil and also ask them to increase it,also to increase their master value for memory limit.

3 days later after getting emails that were hard to understand with language problems still no answer.I have had problems with 1and1 since i started and never used anyone else so I just want anyone give me a good host that will provide a service ( I know this is chargable)to just switch everything over and I can start to use CS Cart at last.

I have looked at Martfox who seem proffessional and prompt?

Any recomends will be appreciated.

John

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]I am with 1and1 and having problems with import freezing after about 100-150 records After increasing the config local memory_limit to 256m, nothing changed. Then cs cart support told me my buffering output on the server with 1and1 was set to nil and also ask them to increase it,also to increase their master value for memory limit.

3 days later after getting emails that were hard to understand with language problems still no answer.I have had problems with 1and1 since i started and never used anyone else so I just want anyone give me a good host that will provide a service ( I know this is chargable)to just switch everything over and I can start to use CS Cart at last.

John[/QUOTE]

CLOOK!!! [url]http://www.clook.co.uk/[/url] :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]I am with 1and1 and having problems with import freezing after about 100-150 records After increasing the config local memory_limit to 256m, nothing changed. Then cs cart support told me my buffering output on the server with 1and1 was set to nil and also ask them to increase it,also to increase their master value for memory limit.

John[/QUOTE]

You’ll read a lot of good and a lot of bad things about each and every hosting company. When we did our research, we looked for two things:

1. English (American, British, Irish, etc) had to be the primary language for support.
  2. They had experience with CS-Cart both in installation and support.

Number (1) cut out companies like 1&1 and Siteground. Number (2) cut it down to only a few hosting providers. We went with Martfox and have been happy with them. They do not have telephone support which so far has not been a problem for us. I have never waited more than one minute for someone to answer a LiveChat request and if you tell them the issue is critical, they move on it quickly. They are experienced in CS-Cart support, in fact if you buy CS-Cart through them (they are a reseller), the 30 day or 40 credit support is through them, not CS-Cart. They also use LiteSpeed as their web server which I have found DOES make a difference for page loads. Others will disagree, but that’s my opinion.

One other issue with Martfox, if this is of concern to you, is that their VPS hosting is out of the UK. They only have a US presence with shared hosting. We have not found any slowdowns or lag with our VPS, guess the underwater cable between the US and the UK is in good shape. :slight_smile:

It’s ultimately your decision, but we have had no problems at all, both in support and site uptime, with Martfox.

Chris

I know I’ve recommended them before but I still recommend eUK, there managed VPS prices are the best out there.

Even though their prices are great they still have very fast servers and great support which is available 24/7 via Phone,Live Chat or Email/Ticket.

Never waited more than 2 minutes for live chat and I use it at some very strange times :slight_smile:

They will also be happy to help you secure your VPS and optimise it at no extra cost but you do need to ask them to do this.

Never tried their shared hosting only their VPS, currently on their new Cloud VPS and it’s much quicker than their other VPS options.

[quote name=‘ChrisW’]One other issue with Martfox, if this is of concern to you, is that their VPS hosting is out of the UK. They only have a US presence with shared hosting.

Chris[/quote]

Hi Chris,

thanks for your review of Martfox Web Hosting. Just a small correction. Our servers are based in the UK - Kent and US - Dallas and LA.

Shared and reseller hosting: UK and US

VPS Hosting: at the moment only in the UK

[quote name=‘martfox’]Hi Chris,

thanks for your review of Martfox Web Hosting. Just a small correction. Our servers are based in the UK - Kent and US - Dallas and LA.

Shared and reseller hosting: UK and US

VPS Hosting: at the moment only in the UK[/QUOTE]

Yep, forgot to mention you have UK shared hosting. :oops: Thanks for the correction!

I have 3 dedicated servers and 1 shared server account with 1and1 and have never had any issues with them. Two of them run carts that I built from scratch and the third is a CS-Cart store. I can do imports without any issues. I suppose I am not the average user though. I don’t normally need technical support, I manage my servers completely on my own and have never had to even contact their support. What matters most to me is the cost is low and the uptime has been great.

Edit: Also have a shared server account that I host just for fun website materials. Nice thing about the shared is that it has unlimited bandwidth.

[quote name=‘adodric’]I have 3 dedicated servers with 1and1 and have never had any issues with them.[/quote]

Sure, that would be the best solution for every ecommerce-store-owner. But how many of them (people who do want to have, or do have currently an online store) know how to manage a dedicated server? I would say so 0.001% maybe less.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Sure, that would be the best solution for every ecommerce-store-owner. But how many of them (people who do want to have, or do have currently an online store) know how to manage a dedicated server? I would say so 0.001% maybe less.[/QUOTE]

They also have managed dedicated servers. In an past company I owned I used that type of server but I decided to just go with the pure dedicated servers for my current companies.

My point wasn’t to use dedicated servers though, I was just stating that I’ve enjoyed using 1and1 as my host since a couple of posts said otherwise, one with no explanation.

5 Day Update:

Site is still doing very well with Host Gator! Phone Support is excellent, so far I’ve gotten a response within 2 minutes every time I called.

I use a HostGator VPS and so far have been very happy with it. Very few problems and the ones I have had support has been very responsive.

Just my opinion of course.

I would be interested in hearing from those that use hostgator’s VPS, which level of the service they use. I.e level one for $19.95 or the many other levels above and is it worth it over the low low price of shared hosting?

level one is $19.95 a month or $240 a year compared to say $50 a year shared hosting.

Are your sites special in some way that VPS is better for it? just asking.

[quote name=‘norm111’]I would be interested in hearing from those that use hostgator’s VPS, which level of the service they use. I.e level one for $19.95 or the many other levels above and is it worth it over the low low price of shared hosting?

level one is $19.95 a month or $240 a year compared to say $50 a year shared hosting.

Are your sites special in some way that VPS is better for it? just asking.[/quote]

Probably even more important than getting a lot of hard disk space and bandwidth is to get a decent share of CPU and memory. You will not need the 250GB space offered to you anytime soon but you are going to need a lot of CPU cycles as your traffic goes up. You will need more and more RAM if you are hosting using frameworks or e-commerce sites.