My Changes in Version 4

Just shakes head at the levels of confusion and just general hell it is to do the simplest things with this cart.

Changing css and caching and design shouldn't require all these problems.

Right now I am putting in a simple html block like I have done many times and the image will not show up.

So now I have to mess with this cart over a simple html block.

For CSS changes you don't need to use my_changes just add the CSS to the area in the theme editor.

Presumably if you're doing changes to your site then it's not live (or at least switched off while you're doing the changes) so use the development mode switches while you're changing things.

I tried all the above to make a few CSS changes to my site and had no luck. After spending a large amount of time on this I eventually went to the Themes Editor/Custom CSS and made my changes there. Worked without any problems.

Thanks NairdaCart

[quote name='NairdaCart' timestamp='1377269830' post='167270']

Working fine for me.

I have my custom .less and .css files in the equivalent of /design/themes/basic/css/addons/my_changes

I have my styles.post.tpl file in /design/themes/basic/templates/addons/my_changes/hooks/index

The contents of the styles.post.tpl is :

{style src="addons/my_changes/mystyles.less"}
{style src="addons/my_changes/mystyles.css"}

Additonal styles I put in the CSS file and override styles into the LESS file.

I keep the Rebuild Cache Automatically toggle set to On while I'm testing new styles. You can find that on the left hand side pane in the Template Editor section.

[/quote]

Many thanks to NairdaCart for his suggestion.