My changes addon installed and activated but no folder anywhere

Many times I see that if you do changes to the CSS of your site you should also include a styles file in the my_changes addon folder/directory. But I have installed and activated that add_on and activated it but still NO folder.

I am on V4.16.x just before upgrading to 4.17

You need to create it manually because it can be in various places depending on where you want the changes.

Okay, manually you say, since when? I am not doubting your answer but does CS Cart not suppose create that folder by itself after installation and activation?

Anyways… that means I have to create (manually) the [hooks] folder and the [hook] file as well?

Since the beginning of the software.

How is CSC supposed to know where you want the changes? :wink:

1 Like

Please take a look

Well I examined your contribution but leaves me still with a few questions.
As for instance

1. what code goes into this styles.post.tpl file since I made the CSS style changes to the theme editor en incase of a CS Cart with Unitheme2 that resides in the directory
    …/design/themes/abt__unitheme2/styles/data and is Black.css not the Black.less file.

2. in the Black.css file you will find the following code

.sprite { 
   background-image: url(../design/themes/abt_unitheme2/media/images/icons/pasio-payment-icons.png) no-repeat top left; width: 675px; height: 100px; display: inline-block;margin-left: 5px; 
}

.bg-10_idealbetalen100x100 {
    width: 100px; height: 100px;
    background-position: -20px -100px;
}
.bg-15_billink100x100 {
    background-position: -293px -5px;
}
.bg-14_bancontact100x100 {
    background-position: -293px -119px;
}
.bg-12_sofort100x100 {
    background-position: -21px -10px;
}
.bg-11_paypal100x100 {
    background-position: -151px -119px;
}
.bg-13_tikkie100x100 {
    background-position: -156px -25px;
}

You also write that you need to create a styles.post.tpl file with the content

{style src="addons/my_changes/styles.less"} 

But again in my case those css style changes I made via the theme editor and are in the Black.css file which again is in the
…/design/themes/abt__unitheme2/styles/data directory.

Can you clear that up for me and others?

If you use the CSS section in the Theme editor, there is no need to use the My changes module. You can put all changes to the Black.css file

1 Like