Multivendor edition to run multiple shops from same database?

I need the multivendor function, to operate multiple websites from a single database.

Each of these websites will have different appearance and offer a selection of product categories.

Is or will this be possible with the mutlivendor edition? I voted for the Multivendor functionality function, to be able to do the above.

[url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general/suggestions/507551-one-back-end-multiple-store-fronts-like-magento-?ref=title[/url]

[quote name=‘P-Pharma’]I need the multivendor function, to operate multiple websites from a single database.

Each of these websites will have different appearance and offer a selection of product categories.

Is or will this be possible with the mutlivendor edition? I voted for the Multivendor functionality function, to be able to do the above.

[url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general/suggestions/507551-one-back-end-multiple-store-fronts-like-magento-?ref=title[/url][/QUOTE]

I don’t believe so. I think it is designed to be 1 (one) common shop front that multiple vendors can add their content to.

So the appearance is a single format.

I think it is aimed at reducing costs for vendors by sharing resources. I could be wrong?

It would be a bit weird if it wouldn’t work, as this is the function that is suggested here:

One backend, Multiple store fronts

It’s the top request with 280 votes.

But I indeed do not see these functions on the list. Could it be that the CS-Cart developers have misunderstood the request?

[quote name=‘P-Pharma’]But I indeed do not see these functions on the list. Could it be that the CS-Cart developers have misunderstood the request?[/QUOTE]

You are correct. This is not part of the multiple-vendor mod. I specifically asked CS-Cart and this does not allow you to run multiple sites from the same database.

I feel they need to work on the mall edition as there are many high requests for that feature.

I really need that functionality.

Adam

[quote name=‘jegesmaci’]You are correct. This is not part of the multiple-vendor mod. I specifically asked CS-Cart and this does not allow you to run multiple sites from the same database.

I feel they need to work on the mall edition as there are many high requests for that feature.

I really need that functionality.

Adam[/QUOTE]

Yes, that’s correct. Multivendor and Multistore (Mall) are two different editions. Currently, we’re working on the Multivendor edition. And when we finish it, we are planning to start working on the Multistore edition.

Could you add this to the Roadmap?

Do you have any crude guess when this may become available?

I need to run 40 - 50 webstores on different url’s from one database and am still to decide whether CS-Cart is the way to go. This functionality, the volume-weight function, the CS-Cart development speed and the resolvement of outstanding bugs are big issues in this decision.

[quote name=‘P-Pharma’]Could you add this to the Roadmap?

Do you have any crude guess when this may become available?

I need to run 40 - 50 webstores on different url’s from one database and am still to decide whether CS-Cart is the way to go. This functionality, the volume-weight function, the CS-Cart development speed and the resolvement of outstanding bugs are big issues in this decision.[/QUOTE]

If you need it that quick and that bad then I would have to say that you need to move on elsewhere. My guess is that it won’t be available within the next year if/when they even decide to do it.