Multistore Redirect Based On Location Or State

Hi all,

I could not find any info on how to do this:

We have 1 cs-cart installation that has common product base across several physical stores in several locations/areas in several cities.

Use Case: We do product deliveries ourselves so we need the order to be dispatched from the closest shop to the customer. So multiple stores need to be setup in cs-cart. Then the customer either selects a shop that is close to him to serve him from some list or I find a way for cs-cart to redirect him to the correct shop based on the City and the LOCATION he lives and he has given during registration.

Proposed Solution:

What I need to setup is a separate cs-cart store for each physical shop so that the shop will get the email of the order to process it. etc.etc...

The customer is important to know where the order will come from, have the shops contact details, etc, etc...

What I was thinking was to use the STATE property or the LOCATION property to have there a List of all the available physical Shops so that the customer selects one of them during registration. Then I need a way to tell cs-Cart to redirect the customer to the STORE setup specifically for that STATE or LOCATION.

But the configuration of the cs-cart store allows me to select only COUNTRY (not sure why REGION is mentioned as I see no regions anywhere).

Any ideas on how to configure this use case scenario?

Thank you for your time in advance!!!

We are working now on the similar scenario for the russian market. The module will be based on geo location. If you are interested, we can rework it according to your needs. Feel free to contact us

Proposed Solution:

What I need to setup is a separate cs-cart store for each physical shop so that the shop will get the email of the order to process it. etc.etc...

The customer is important to know where the order will come from, have the shops contact details, etc, etc...

Hello.

Similar functionality is already developed for CS-Cart Russian version.

We have prepared a demo so you can try it. Here it is:

- Add to cart some product e.g. http://oleg.simtechdev.net/cscart_436_ru/apparel/mens-clothing/100g-pants/

- Checkout using customer credentials (Email: customer@example.com Password: customer)

- Check the functionality of the "Pick up from store" shipping method

- Place an order e.g. http://oleg.simtechdev.net/cscart_436_ru/index.php?dispatch=orders.details&order_id=92

Let me know your thoughts about it.

Hello.

Similar functionality is already developed for CS-Cart Russian version.

We have prepared a demo so you can try it. Here it is:

- Add to cart some product e.g. http://oleg.simtechdev.net/cscart_436_ru/apparel/mens-clothing/100g-pants/

- Checkout using customer credentials (Email: customer@example.com Password: customer)

- Check the functionality of the "Pick up from store" shipping method

- Place an order e.g. http://oleg.simtechdev.net/cscart_436_ru/index.php?dispatch=orders.details&order_id=92

Let me know your thoughts about it.

Hi Oleg,

I have checked you mod and seems an interesting approach.

Provided that the stores in your checkout are configured as normal cs-cart stores (so that we get all the stats of sales per store, etc..) and that the store selected by the customer will get the eimail to process the order etc...

The only thing is that we will have repeating customers on a daily basis as we have a grocery store so we were thinking of the customer selecting a store to deliver his orders during registration and not durong chekout...

Thank you very much for your time...

We will have several stores in the same area/city (in some very small areas there can be 2 stores and the customer will select his preffered one...) so geolocation cannot work ok on this...

The only thing is that we will have repeating customers on a daily basis as we have a grocery store so we were thinking of the customer selecting a store to deliver his orders during registration and not durong chekout...

Hi, thank you for the clarification. In this case it is necessary to move the ability to select a store from checkout to the user registration page and simplify the shipping method selection at checkout so that repeated customers can complete placing orders faster.

Hi, thank you for the clarification. In this case it is necessary to move the ability to select a store from checkout to the user registration page and simplify the shipping method selection at checkout so that repeated customers can complete placing orders faster.

Yes that would be perfect.