Multiple "location" Conditions Will Be Joined Using Boolean And?

When editing a location (Administration -> Shipping and Taxes -> Locations), there are multiple ways of defining whether a given address belongs to that location.

However, experimentation seems to suggest that if more than one condition is added (e.g. a list of states that belong to the location, plus a postcode filter), the two conditions are joined using a boolean AND rather than a boolean OR.

Is this correct, and is there any way to get an OR join instead?

- Smich

The design is to 'AND' conditons.

The design is to 'AND' conditons.

Thanks- yes, I suspected that was the case, so I'm assuming it's not possible to 'OR' them instead without hacking the code itself?

The lack of choice is unhelpful. It would be better if it was possible to have any ("AND") or all ("OR") criteria matched.

To cut a long story short, we spotted a problem where we lost money on several orders because we'd defined a postal region in terms of postcode, but the customer hadn't included a correct postcode, even though their "state" (i.e. region/county/town) *was* correctly defined.

In that case, we were able to work our way round it, but there are other similar cases where not including a postcode could cause the "location" (i.e. postal region) to be calculated incorrectly, since (e.g.) our courier's "Scottish Highlands" area is defined in terms of postcodes.

- Smich

I think AND is correct. What I do believe should change is the requirement that a destination be in one and only one location. It should simple resolve all locations and use the most restrictive definition. I.e. if city/state and city/state/zip, use the location related to city/state/zip.