Multiple Image Import

In my import CSV I can add images via the “Detailed image” field. I would like to import 3 or 4 pictures per product, can I do this in the CSV or is there another method?

Hello barry_k,

Thank you for your message.

In order to import several image pairs for some product you should do the following:

1. Copy your images to the images/backup directory of your CS-Cart installation. Also please make sure that the images directory and all its subdirectories have 777 permissions.
  2. Create a .csv file with the following fields format:

Product code;Pair type;Thumbnail;Detailed image
"code001";"A";"/PATH/images/backup/thumbnails/first.jpg";"/PATH/images/backup/detailed/first.jpg"
"code001";"A";"/PATH/images/backup/thumbnails/second.jpg";"/PATH/images/backup/detailed/second.jpg"

where Pair type can be set to M (the main pair of images) or A (an additional pair of images). In the Thumbnail and Detailed image columns you should specify a full path to images on your server. In my example, PATH is the absolute path to your CS-Cart installation on the server.

After you create your .csv file you need to import it in the Images tab on the Administration > Import Data > Products page in your CS-Cart admin panel.

I hope this information will help you.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1359553646' post='154016']

Product code;Pair type;Thumbnail;Detailed image
"code001";"A";"/PATH/images/backup/thumbnails/first.jpg";"/PATH/images/backup/detailed/first.jpg"
"code001";"A";"/PATH/images/backup/thumbnails/second.jpg";"/PATH/images/backup/detailed/second.jpg"

[/quote]

Hi,

Is this method works in version 4? I tried to import a CSV without “Thumbnail” and with online image paths without avail. It was replaceing previous main image. Do you have any idea what is wrong with my method?

thanks