Multiple category menus

I have seen a lot of stores using more than one type of category menu- for example… if they sell furniture , the categories can be shop by style… for one menu - and then another menu can be shop by room or shop by theme.

i guess i could hard code this to limit some categories… but for that much i just could hard code the categories… but agian it really takes the power of have a dynamic store…

[quote name=‘xmivite’]I have seen a lot of stores using more than one type of category menu- for example… if they sell furniture , the categories can be shop by style… for one menu - and then another menu can be shop by room or shop by theme.

i guess i could hard code this to limit some categories… but for that much i just could hard code the categories… but agian it really takes the power of have a dynamic store…[/QUOTE]

pehaps i could adapt the manufactures menu to do this for one category table… as i wouldnt be using it for this… but i would really love to have mod that can give you multiple category tables- like cat menu 1 - assign cat a b c, and cat menu 2 assign cat b , d , e

i guess one could spend a lot of time trying to re do the primary menu code to make cat menus – a primary cat – and then main cat - sub cats… any thoughts…??

this can be done fairly easily, I have some other high priority projects I’m working on right now :wink: heheheeh, however I’m sure some dirtball modder will come along and offer to do it for an over-inflated price…