Multi-Vendor Roadmap

I would suggest for Cs-cart multivendor ultimate to make different database backend since it can run multiple countries, this would help lower latency for hosting in multiple location.

Hosting in multiple countries works just fine for me. Not sure but you must be doing something wrong then.

Hosting in multiple countries works just fine for me. Not sure but you must be doing something wrong then.

Not really, the way Ultimate work is create storefront on the same hosting that you have. If i have customers in USA and Asia, and my hosting is in USA, then it would be very slow for Asian customers to see the website. You can speed up using CDN but it will be still slow especially when you have many transactions.

Im not really professional about server, but i did alot of research. That is why i suggest CS-cart MVE Ultimate find a way to allow/config different hosting location for multiple countries setup. I know there are several products having features like allowing install on different hosting location for subdomain and link that subdomain to main storefront. That way each storefront will be closer to its customers.

Regarding point 4. Configurable seller application form did you do anything for this?
The resigration form is very basic and not sufficient for a multi vendor.
Fields needed to be filled in by vendor are much more than for a client thus the form needs

1. to display form fields on multiple columns or use tabs
  2. Add headers/ field separators for various section of the form

Please check

Hello CS-CART Team,

The current user interface is outdated and it has a low user experience on the mobile phone.

Redesign UI and UX with modern UI cross-platform web UI frameworks (Ruby on Rails, Reactjs, Nuxt, Marko or more…), Especial backend side
Redesign UX for order management in backend side , order management is difficult to use.

Thanks your attention.

3 Likes

Hello, @beta!

A new control panel for admin and sellers is currently in the works. It is a big change, and we’ll be releasing it step by step, as we make those improvements. If all goes as planned, you can expect to see the UI gradually improving over the course of 2024 and beyond.

In CS-Cart 4.18.1 (currently scheduled for February) we’ll give the admin and vendor panel a facelift, to make it look more modern. Then we’ll go over each page (product editing, order management, etc.) and improve it.

Changes in frameworks are something that we consider as well. If we do decide on it, we’ll announce this kind of change well in advance, to give our partners and clients ample time to prepare.

2 Likes

Newer frameworks would be more future-proofing the whole concept. I mean twig and Smarty are barely around anymore…

1 Like

@imac @CS-Cart_team
was this implemented or still in progress?: 4. Configurable seller application form - ability to manage fields and look&feel of seller register page

If I remember correctly, this was implemented a few months after the announcement.

CS-Cart 4.9.1 release article mentions the configurable “Become a Seller” form: Meet CS-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.9.1 with New Management Tools | eCommerce Blog on Running an Online Marketplace