Multi-Vendor Roadmap

We need option for vedor to be able to set thier own delivery options for thier own products and setup thier own promotions. vendor independence is needed to reduce the admin management time!

We are considering the feature with separate checkout for each vendor.

If each vendor will have a separate checkout at the storefront than vendors will be able to create their own payment methods, shipping methods and promotions.

Can I ask when you might be looking to implement a solution for the new Marketplace Facilitator Laws which have come into effect his year in a few States. Deeming marketplaces (multi-vendor stores) now liable to collect and remit sales taxes on behalf of vendors selling in specific states?

Both the add-ons available from Taxjar and Avalara do not work with multi-vendor. Does this make your multi-vendor software non compliant in the US at State level??

Hi,

Multi-Vendor allows you to configure taxes, comissions as a store owner. So in fact you can just hold the sale tax amount from vendor orders as a commission.

Imac,

Great in theory, but what about all the other States that do not have marketplace facilitator laws in place? Is a site admin meant to collect tax on ALL orders with a destination of the states and remit taxes on behalf of ALL vendors? Hardly an efficient solution.

Sales taxes differ in all states. If my understanding is correct, in MV you configure commission based on the seller and their respective plan and NOT the shipping destination.

Furthermore - not all multi-vendor models will wish to employ a commission based structure - doing so can directly impact Merchant of Record 'ownership'.

There are two add-ons 'available' - yet neither work with MV in a tax compliant manner (the TaxJar add-on can only assign 1 vendor nexus in a given state - what if I have 20 vendors in a given State, what should the remaining 19 vendors do?)

There needs to be an automated solution here - 4 more States have facilitator laws coming into effect in 2019

Thanks

Hi,

Multi-Vendor allows you to configure taxes, comissions as a store owner. So in fact you can just hold the sale tax amount from vendor orders as a commission.

Privet, Ilya!

How is merchant (site admin) commission for vendor plans calculated in the MVPlus - from the offer price, from the subtotal (including promotions and discounts), from the final value (FV), or from FOV (FV + shipping)?

Privet, Ilya!

How is merchant (site admin) commission for vendor plans calculated in the MVPlus - from the offer price, from the subtotal (including promotions and discounts), from the final value (FV), or from FOV (FV + shipping)?

What method are you planning to collect commission from vendors? How are you going to collect?

What method are you planning to collect commission from vendors? How are you going to collect?

In our branch commissions, like royalties, are calculated as percentage from the retail price (VAT included - if applicable). If there are current promotions and discounts, these are not taken into account, so the vendor must be aware of this.

As for the collection, there is a special Pay Debt module ;-) If your debt is less than $XX, it is transferred in the next month. When XX is exceeded, you have 10 days to pay your debt.

Feature Request: I would like to suggest a clean Unified Shipping solution for those of us combining product from multiple vendors in one fulfillment warehouse to be shipped all together. When I purchased Multi-Vendor, I assumed this would be an easy task. After ordering an expensive modification via Simtech, we are still not live and I have no idea how we will make this work. I have found similar requests in forums, so I am not alone in this challenge. Please consider addressing unified shipping in a future update or release an add-on that resolves this problem.

Feature Request: I would like to suggest a clean Unified Shipping solution for those of us combining product from multiple vendors in one fulfillment warehouse to be shipped all together. When I purchased Multi-Vendor, I assumed this would be an easy task. After ordering an expensive modification via Simtech, we are still not live and I have no idea how we will make this work. I have found similar requests in forums, so I am not alone in this challenge. Please consider addressing unified shipping in a future update or release an add-on that resolves this problem.

+1 This feature is important.

+1 wee need this.

Subscription products needs implementing

I would suggest for Cs-cart multivendor ultimate to make different database backend since it can run multiple countries, this would help lower latency for hosting in multiple location.

1 Like

I would suggest for Cs-cart multivendor ultimate to make different database backend since it can run multiple countries, this would help lower latency for hosting in multiple location.

Hosting in multiple countries works just fine for me. Not sure but you must be doing something wrong then.

Hosting in multiple countries works just fine for me. Not sure but you must be doing something wrong then.

Not really, the way Ultimate work is create storefront on the same hosting that you have. If i have customers in USA and Asia, and my hosting is in USA, then it would be very slow for Asian customers to see the website. You can speed up using CDN but it will be still slow especially when you have many transactions.

Im not really professional about server, but i did alot of research. That is why i suggest CS-cart MVE Ultimate find a way to allow/config different hosting location for multiple countries setup. I know there are several products having features like allowing install on different hosting location for subdomain and link that subdomain to main storefront. That way each storefront will be closer to its customers.

Regarding point 4. Configurable seller application form did you do anything for this?
The resigration form is very basic and not sufficient for a multi vendor.
Fields needed to be filled in by vendor are much more than for a client thus the form needs

1. to display form fields on multiple columns or use tabs
  2. Add headers/ field separators for various section of the form

Please check

Hello CS-CART Team,

The current user interface is outdated and it has a low user experience on the mobile phone.

Redesign UI and UX with modern UI cross-platform web UI frameworks (Ruby on Rails, Reactjs, Nuxt, Marko or more…), Especial backend side
Redesign UX for order management in backend side , order management is difficult to use.

Thanks your attention.

3 Likes

Hello, @beta!

A new control panel for admin and sellers is currently in the works. It is a big change, and we’ll be releasing it step by step, as we make those improvements. If all goes as planned, you can expect to see the UI gradually improving over the course of 2024 and beyond.

In CS-Cart 4.18.1 (currently scheduled for February) we’ll give the admin and vendor panel a facelift, to make it look more modern. Then we’ll go over each page (product editing, order management, etc.) and improve it.

Changes in frameworks are something that we consider as well. If we do decide on it, we’ll announce this kind of change well in advance, to give our partners and clients ample time to prepare.

2 Likes

Newer frameworks would be more future-proofing the whole concept. I mean twig and Smarty are barely around anymore…

1 Like

@imac @CS-Cart_team
was this implemented or still in progress?: 4. Configurable seller application form - ability to manage fields and look&feel of seller register page

If I remember correctly, this was implemented a few months after the announcement.

CS-Cart 4.9.1 release article mentions the configurable “Become a Seller” form: Meet CS-Cart & Multi-Vendor 4.9.1 with New Management Tools | eCommerce Blog on Running an Online Marketplace